Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had several bear mounted.But I usually leave them in Canada and pick them up when I come hunting the next Spring. So who could you recommend in Mo. to do a life sized bear or Rug etc.

I also mounted a few but I could NEVER find a black bear form large enough for the ones I did. You have to have a noise to tail measurement. I've shot several bear over 7' *4" +) and 58 " girth that I could not find a form to fit.You pros out there what do you do in such a case ? Any information greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
DO not use Vic's Taxidermy out of Fenton, MO. He really screwed me and has become a really shady character.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Try Jeff Jarrett at Broken Arrow Taxidermy in Iberia, MO
He is an absolute awesome taxidermist with very reasonable prices. I've seen alot of bears hes done and they all look remarkable.

I'm leaving in two weeks for a bear hunt in Canada (my 1st) and I'll certainly be bringing mine back to Jeff should I be lucky enough to get one...

Heres his # 573-793-3133 give 'em a call I think you'll be pleased....

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Originally posted by Rebelcj7
your names bear, so im hoping your not wanting to do a mount of yourself? :cool:
:roll2:

I'd think that any reputable taxidermist could handle the job.

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
:stickfight:

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
LOL, he's lookin' for a bear taxidermist and you're beatin' his dead horse. Now how's he gonna drag that bear to the taxidermist's shop?

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Maybe if ya cut that ATV in half you could double your money.

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
I'd think that any reputable taxidermist could handle the job.

but yah got to remember the outfitter is the imporant part of it in this case.he gets to play with it first and what does greatly plays in the outcome.over the years i have seen some pretty nasty hides show up due to some people who call themselves outfitters.they tell the guys everything been done paws cut ,lips ears, and nose turned, fleshed and ready to be tanned.they throw it in a plastic bag on some crushed ice and you are on the way home.then the guys spends a couple of days getting home then shows it off to the friends and then get around taking it to taxidermist.by then the ice has turned into water soaked through the bag and you have a bear that has been soaking in bacteria for sometime.the taxidermist pulls it out and bingo the hair has slipped nothing at all has been done to it and it is is all his fault.i have seen bear skins that were killed in the first couple of days of a hunt and nothing was done and by the time it gets here it's a big pile of loose black hair.it don't take long guys know what your outfitter does and call those guys on his reference list to see what they say about him.or goe through cabelas guide service i've never seen a bad cape of anything from those guys everthing is top notch.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have to agree with alwyshntn, Jeff in Iberia does a great job. I have seen his work and he is top notch. I just got my deer mount back last week and as soon as I remember how to post pictures again I will share them with you guys.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you guys for sending me to Jeff in Iberia. No I'm not going to mount anymore bears. My last one was in 1985. I will give jeff a call.
A good tip about the outfitter. I have plent of field and taxidermy experience to get it done right or I do it myself.
As to the fella going bear hunting I wish you very good luck. I'm not sure where you are going but the berry crop in Manitoba is pretty much gone so they will hit the baits better this fall.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.