A fix for blocked Photobucket photos

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by dhaverstick, Sep 22, 2017.

1. dhaverstick

dhaverstick High-tech Hillbilly

Jan 12, 2012
    Fair Grove, MO
    Google Chrome and Foxfire have found a way to access the photos that Photobucket.com does not now allow you to post to 3rd party sites anymore without paying a high price.

The Firefox and Chrome browsers now have an optional "Photobucket Fix" Add On that will automatically disable Photobucket image restrictions on 3rd party hosting.

This is a very good thing and it works well. EVERYONE should install this to their Firefox or Chrome browser.

As long as the restricted images are still hosted on Photobucket, and they haven't been removed, this fix will now them to appear in forum and blog posts.

In the cases where former/current PhotoBucket users haven't deleted all their albums, Chrome and Firefox now have an extension, Photobucket Embed Fix, that will display 3rd party hosted images. It will fix all your broken pics, no need for you to do anything, it runs entirely in the background.

For Firefox browser users, goto to the upper right of the screen and click on the 3 horizontal bars ("Open Menu"), click on "Add-Ons", click on "Get Add-Ons", at the bottom of the screen click on "See More Add-Ons!". A new page will open up, look for "photobucket embed fix", touch it with your mouse pointer and then click on "+ Add to Firefox" then "Add".

For Google Chrome browsers, type in "photobucket embed fix" in the browser search/URL bar and click on the "photobucket embed fix" link.

MOGC and radioactive like this.
  2. radioactive

radioactive Active Hunter

Jan 25, 2012
    Thanks Darren!

A couple of sites I frequent do not host photos, so I have had to use Photobucket or Flickr if I wanted to post a photo. Wonder how long it will be before Photobucket comes up with something to stop the workaround? :mad:
    I just hope no spyware or malware is embedded in the workaround.

mattd78 likes this.

3. CuivreDog2

CuivreDog2 Addicted Habitat Junkie

Mar 27, 2010
    Lincoln County, MO
    I downloaded it but photos are still not showing - did I do something wrong?

Did anyone use it successfully?

4. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    I am interested to see if this works for everyone. Thanks for the tip Darren!

5. GMB54-120

GMB54-120 Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2011
  6. dhaverstick

dhaverstick High-tech Hillbilly

Jan 12, 2012
    Fair Grove, MO
    Arlen, I switched over to using imgur.com It's free, doesn't have the debilitating ads that Photobucket has, and it works just the same. You can't save video there, though.

Darren

7. MOAdmin

MOAdmin Administrator

Dec 14, 2015
    Thanks for sharing that information, but if you really want your images safe post them here directly or in our gallery. It's free and it preserves the images for as long as MWT stays alive. Just a suggestion.

8. GMB54-120

Jul 17, 2011
    Do you host them at 1280x or higher resolutions?

Nvm it appear a 1600x uploads fine.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  9. radioactive

radioactive Active Hunter

Jan 25, 2012
    I've used Flickr in the past, but kept going back to Photobucket. It appears they have wised up to the workaround and it no longer works

10. Dafish

Dafish Senior Member

Nov 24, 2010
    St. Peters
    I downloaded it, (Firefox)now need to go to another forum to test it out

11. CuivreDog2

CuivreDog2 Addicted Habitat Junkie

Mar 27, 2010
    Lincoln County, MO
  12. Dafish

Dafish Senior Member

Nov 24, 2010
    St. Peters
    I cannot see your pictures but they may have been removed by now

13. GMB54-120

Jul 17, 2011
  14. GMB54-120

Jul 17, 2011
    If i clicked on them they showed up on PBs site so i decided to try a quote and see what happened. Its very odd because they show in the preview and edit window. My guess is the forum software has cached the PB "ransom pic" and an admin needs to clear the cache. I cleared the cache in my browser so it must be on their end.

15. GMB54-120

Jul 17, 2011
  16. doepee

doepee Senior Member

Sep 17, 2004
    STL