·
Registered
8,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went bow hunting this afternoon, went way to early, 2:30
really didnt start seeing deer till little after four,
today is why I work so hard doing what I do on our place,
I had been seeing 3-5 deer a hunt lately tonight I saw 24
and two bucks. was a great hunt, like has been my whole season I was on the wrong end of the plot but I got a few pictures and just seeing the deer made it worth getting cold for. I had posted a couple of weeks ago about the lack of deer in our area, and while I still feel the same way, I felt like tonight was a result of them yarding up to a certain extent and these deer are probably from the area as most crops have been harvested.
the two bucks I saw were not big but legal and one had a bad limp, I have a blind real close to where they came out and I am thinking I will try there Sunday afternoon ,
the places you see where they are standing in the snow and doesnt appear to be anything there is clover and turnips,

[file]86733[/file]

[file]86731[/file]

[file]86729[/file]

[file]86727[/file]

[file]86725[/file]

[file]86723[/file]

[file]86721[/file]

[file]86719[/file]

·
Banned
81,616 Posts
It was a good afternoon to be out wasn't it. Patrick and I saw 8 this afternoon. Nothing to shoot,,but still a good hunt.

:cheers::cheers:

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,469 Posts
Great pics Mark & a great hunt.

That right there is the exact reason I didn't get too worked up early on when I wasn't seeing the deer #'s I'd seen in the past. Big food plots, snow & cold are a great time to take a census of what's actually still in the neighborhood.:cheers:

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I agree Randy but that could be everydeer in a two mile radius of my place, since that is really the only food in that distance around me, I guess we will see, but I still feel that
the numbers are way down.
Probably good thing Im not making the rules,
Ill guess I will just leave it at that, not wanting to turn this into a rule thread,
Im pretty excited about going back this afternoon I am going to try a ground blind, that I have never had any luck out of
but it was 40 yards from where most of these deer were.
and the wind should be right.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.