Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
The Hmong here in MN are known to cook their squirrel like that…stick them in a fire to get the hair off.

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
They were singed with a torch to remove hair. Those A-holes need run out of the country when they show up. This isn't the first time for antics such as this, it has happened before.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I had heard they have been camping around there since May. They were turned in before and the game warden checked on them and they didn’t have anything illegal then. It’s hard to tell how many squirrels and cats and dogs they took out of that part of the country.

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
And deer, turkey, elk, bear... It wouldn't surprise me if they were ever to come back that their trucks and camp get the same treatment as their squirrels. They can walk back to Minnesota.

Reactions: Maddog3355

·
Registered
725 Posts
Yep, Hmong from Minnesota among other places but mostly Minnesota for some reason? They travel to other states poaching squirrels then serve the meat in their restaurants. If you see Minnesota plates parked at any of our public use areas be suspicious!

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Yep, Hmong from Minnesota among other places but mostly Minnesota for some reason? They travel to other states poaching squirrels then serve the meat in their restaurants. If you see Minnesota plates parked at any of our public use areas be suspicious!
I wouldn’t want to eat at one of their restaurants but there are several thousands of them in Minnesota so it’s probably all Hmongs eating there. As much of a reputation they have for failure to comply with game laws you would think the Minnesota license plates would tip off the game wardens and they would pay double attention to them.

·
Part-time malcontent
7,472 Posts
As much of a reputation they have for failure to comply with game laws…..
I would suspect they may have a parallel propensity to ignore food handling ordinance. Noted - will stay away from such restaurants when fishing up north.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
The original post/link just reported they were non-residents..any links identifying them as Hmong from Mn.?

·
Registered
628 Posts
What grosses me out is that two day worth and none had been gutted out even it looks like.
Have to say you all are painting some pretty broad brush strokes about Hmong and Asian folks.
I used to always give a (field dressed) deer to an Asian coworker. He and his wife did most meticulous job of cutting up, removing all silver skin etc., of anyone I ever knew. Also cooked deer a variety of ways better than any other I've ever eaten. He was near obsessive about meat and fish being fresh. Always bought live poultry and butchered himself to be sure it was fresh. The guy and especially his wife were just overjoyed when I brought them a deer. Always insisted I stay for a meal and beers.

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
What grosses me out is that two day worth and none had been gutted out even it looks like.
Have to say you all are painting some pretty broad brush strokes about Hmong and Asian folks.
I used to always give a (field dressed) deer to an Asian coworker. He and his wife did most meticulous job of cutting up, removing all silver skin etc., of anyone I ever knew. Also cooked deer a variety of ways better than any other I've ever eaten. He was near obsessive about meat and fish being fresh. Always bought live poultry and butchered himself to be sure it was fresh. The guy and especially his wife were just overjoyed when I brought them a deer. Always insisted I stay for a meal and beers.

So you are saying your friends weren't H'mong?

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Seems you may be painting with a broad brush stroke also brother.
All Asians are not the same. Not even close. After 35 years military I can tell you standards and customs vary greatly between Japan, Korea, the Phillipines, and Afghanistan after personally spending time in each country... some multiple times.

·
Registered
725 Posts
If I’m not mistaken some Hmong were cited for the same thing in North Mo about 4-5yrs ago. Maybe someone can find that story?

I have personally seen them squirrel hunting at Grand Trace. This was several years ago during bow season. Two car loads with Minnesota plates. Men, women and kids about 10-12 people total. All carrying rimfires or shotguns.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
What does a dressed squirrel weigh,1# with bones?
I can still buy bulk chicken leg quaters for .99 cents a pound.
I'm having trouble believing 16 people would travel 600 miles to get squirrel meat to take back and serve,makes absolutley no economic sense...besides,they have squirrels,cats,and dogs in Mn.

Maybe for other reasons.

·
Registered
23,020 Posts
The Amish in Mimi prett well suck as week from what I hear!

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
What they prepare for themselves as opposed to what they prepare to sell is two different things.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts