A day of a turkey?

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting General' started by MTRaised, Apr 22, 2006.

1. MTRaised

MTRaised New Member

Oct 6, 2005
    Grain Valley
    Being new to the sport I was wondering how a typical day for a turkey goes? For example with deer they feed in the morning, then travel to a bedding area for the afternoon, and then return to feeding in the evening.

Do turkeys have the same rituas?

Come of roost-toms mill around with hens for couple hours in usually open fileds-mysterously disappear into the woods for the day-reappear in field before time to roost.

This is getting long isn't it???:D

So once they stop feeding or whatever they are doing in the field is it a safe bet to go a try an find and ambush in the woods?

2. chuck88

chuck88 Active Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Fulton MO
    heres how turkeys in this area day goes
    1. wake up and gobble nonstop for 30 minutes while on roost
    2. lay down in thickest brush and hide all day long.
    3. go to roost in completly different spot than day before
    :whinging: at least thats what these turkeys are doin:whinging:

3. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Where I hunt they fly off the roost before daybreak and lite out in the middle of a 500 acre hay field and strut all day long while watching the turkey hunters standing just inside the woods at about 300 yards away. Then they fly off at sundown in the opposite direction and roost in a different tree each night.

4. Hayzer

Hayzer New Member

:peepwall:
    gobble, gobble, fly-down, gobble, bread, eat, bread, gobble, eat, bread, bread, gobble, eat, gobble gobble, fly-up, gobble, sleep

5. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    then the next day.....

gobble, gobble, fly-down, gobble, stroll into my setup and get hammered by the 935 :D

6. semohuntingguy

semohuntingguy New Member

Nov 2, 2005
    southeast mo.
    hea hayzer i wish i was hearing all the gobbling you are i could ambush me one of them suckers at least.