a couple to share (not mine)

Discussion in 'Artifacts, Knappings & Other Treasures' started by Outdoorsman, May 30, 2009.

1. Outdoorsman

Outdoorsman New Member

Jul 30, 2003
    PB, MO
    Just some I seen for sale online... this one a Plainview... says it holds a $475 value (AR) and is red novaculite. I have a broken point of this material I believe.

[file]58969[/file]

2. Outdoorsman

Outdoorsman New Member

Jul 30, 2003
    PB, MO
    This is a Cumberland ..has a $3,500 value (KY)

[file]58971[/file]

3. Dalton

Dalton Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Warren County
    Sweet paleo points. I hope to find more of them soon! I average a whooping one paleo a year.:mad2:

4. Outdoorsman

Outdoorsman New Member

Jul 30, 2003
    PB, MO
    I just got in today found 4 broken ones and 2 intact ones in a Field of an older Farmer I know.. 5 in one Field... 2 intact ones, and other 3 were broken.... and the big spearhead I found in a Field a country mile away. lol I found a nice white Birdpoint.... like 2-3 weeks ago there.

One was a odd shaped fancy beige w/ black bands running horizontally. Fully intact... probably woodland era Scraper (neato). Broken ones was a small Hardin (sheared) and an old white tip of a smaller point... and a nice old square base Point... it was'nt notched kinda bizarre... it just reeked of being old. Top 1/3 was severaed off (darn). I hope to get a Camera Mon-Wed and I'll show my last 2-3 weeks of finds.

The other intact Piece was a very old Paleo era bifacial Knife I guess is what you'd call it. It comes to a point on each end. You can hold it from one side... or flip it over and hold it from the other side. Use it either way. Universal. :woot: Wild colors... dark grey/Maroon/Beige. That is old old old.

5. Outdoorsman

Outdoorsman New Member

Jul 30, 2003
    PB, MO
    I have a sawtooth Dalton made out of that same Material as that Cumberland I think. Will take some Pics next week. :cheers:

6. Outdoorsman

Outdoorsman New Member

Jul 30, 2003
    PB, MO
    :claphands: Good news I got my on and off GF's Camera borrowed again for tomorrow... all next week really. Got alot of Pics to take to catch up.

7. paleohunter

paleohunter New Member

Dec 7, 2003
    Missouri
    [rquote=1280893&tid=89585&author=Outdoorsman]:claphands: Good news I got my on and off GF's Camera borrowed again for tomorrow... all next week really. Got alot of Pics to take to catch up. :woot:[/rquote]

Its about time you got that camera.

You've been talking long enough:blah::blah::blah: Now lets see some pics:whistle:

8. TAB

TAB Active Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Southern Illinois
    [rquote=1281039&tid=89585&author=paleohunter][rquote=1280893&tid=89585&author=Outdoorsman]:claphands: Good news I got my on and off GF's Camera borrowed again for tomorrow... all next week really. Got alot of Pics to take to catch up. :woot:[/rquote]

Its about time you got that camera.

You've been talking long enough:blah::blah::blah: Now lets see some pics:whistle:[/rquote]

I guess there "on" again! :D Lets see some:kewlpics:

9. paleohunter

paleohunter New Member

Dec 7, 2003
    Missouri
    Oh yeah, I have some of that purple Novaculite out in the shop. Its the same material as Arkansas honing stones for knife sharpening..

Some Paleo points I modernized they have 10 flutes in each one.
    The "Megladon (sharp tooth) Clovis"

Materials L-R Novaculite(AR), Pedernales(TX), Knife River Flint(ND) Hixton (WI)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Moon- Opal Austrailia

10. Outdoorsman

Outdoorsman New Member

Jul 30, 2003
    PB, MO
    Sorry Fellas and Gals... we got along in the Sack last night... but she p.o.d me this morning... so I did'nt want to borrow her Camera and be obligated to drive it the 35 miles round trip back.

I think me and Moms' going to do a rent to own on a nice Camera on Wednesday. I'll be posting up some Pics then... Before I left the ex's... I walked a Corn Field... and noticed where they were drown outs here and there... I concentrated on them... where they replanted spots... and by golly I found a nice 1 1/4" white sorta has a pinkish cast Point... fully intact right out in the open... where the Tractor made a wide Turn. Must of squirted it out of a Row.
    I also found a deep purple colored short looking one embedded in a Row. Tip section was sevaerd bye bye though, I threw that one in a Jar. Looks good there.

Last but not least I found a bright red Scraper that got kicked up when they lay those lines down when replanting. I could've swore it looks just like the color at least of the one Tony found last week with his ol lady. I'll search through his thread again to take another peak. So 4 intact ones in 2 days... and 9 finds in all. Snakes has been out the last couple days. Seen 2 on Gravel Roads. Should be able to get ya some in a couple days...

11. paleohunter

paleohunter New Member

Dec 7, 2003
    Missouri
    you go to bed with the camera? :cheers:

:peepwall:

12. SHEDHEAD

SHEDHEAD Active Member

Feb 15, 2008
    [rquote=1281873&tid=89585&author=paleohunter]you go to bed with the camera? :cheers:

:peepwall:[/rquote]

:kewlpics::D

13. Outdoorsman

Outdoorsman New Member

Jul 30, 2003
    PB, MO
    [rquote=1281873&tid=89585&author=paleohunter]you go to bed with the camera? :cheers:

:peepwall:[/rquote]

LOL nah... probably would've been less headaches and drama though.

I could've borrowed her Camera... I really did'nt want any obligation of going back on the weekend if I don't want too. I seen that the Field with all the Arrowheads still has'nt been disced... but he was spraying his one right beside it (Corn)... he may be discing the other Field as I speak. It'll be some good hunting in it when he does. He'll be planting Beans.

Otherwise I'll go back down south towards AR again soon... he just has disced it.

14. Outdoorsman

Outdoorsman New Member

Jul 30, 2003
    PB, MO
    Those are some sweet Points Tony!!! :woot: That Megladon (clovis) Tooth is neat. I was watching a Program on the old Megladon... sposed to make Great Whites look like Dwarfs. Gotta run... be back on tonight. :eek::