Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not only double bearded, pretty good hooks too. I got pics of him on 2 different cams.

Here's the money shot

I've been trying to get a dusting shot. Here's the best so far.

Here's some pretty good gobbler shots. I like the way the sun rays come into play.

G

·
Super pics bud...... I may just have to borrow one of them for the front page of the main site....... With your permission of course.....:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Awesome pics. That big ol tom will sure look nice on the wall. :cheers:

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,475 Posts
Mr. B, I'll be looking for a good buck for you to put up in a month or two! I keep trying! :D

Pinwheel, it appears that on these turkey setups, your camera is placed pretty close to the ground. Can you explain your height setup for capturing these turks, and what you look for in a good area for turkey pics? :D

Parker

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Some awesome pics indeed!
And that double bearded tom is amazing!

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How I setup for turkey shots

I'm tickled that everyone enjoyed the turkey show. I've been blessed this summer to be getting some very unusual shots. One of these days I'm gonna run out of pics that impress you.

Pinwheel, it appears that on these turkey setups, your camera is placed pretty close to the ground. Can you explain your height setup for capturing these turks, and what you look for in a good area for turkey pics? :D

Good eye there Parker. I build a stand using 1/2" box tubing with an adjustable slide so I can set the camera anywhere, even if there is no tree. I can adjust from 3' to ground level. Nost of these turkey shots were from a cam set about 1' off the ground.

What do I look for in a good turkey setup. Like most animals, food & safety are the only things on their mind. Turkeys like open areas where they can see their preditors coming. All of these pics were taken in my 8 acre plot. It's a virtual smorgasboard. There is natural vegetation & clover to provide good bugging areas. I've also left exposed dirt for dusting. Almost as soon as I mowed my clover, one old hen had her poults out there bugging. Of course this farm we own is stupid with turkeys, so it's not hard to find a good spot. The bobcats & coyotes are not having much effect on the turkey population here.

Here's one that I overlooked posting.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.