Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
High-tech Hillbilly
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finished these two arm guards last night and will be donating them to the can raffles at the United Bowhunters of Missouri Rendezvous this coming weekend. Hopefully, they will make the club a penny or two. The gray one is caiman hide with a stingray arrowhead. The copper one is ostrich leg skin with an ostrich leg skin arrowhead. Both have a cowhide backing, deer hide trim, and lace hooks that I carved out of deer antler. Everything was sewn up by hand using artificial sinew.

Darren

·
Registered
69,518 Posts
I'm due for a new one.

What day and time is the can auction scheduled?

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Very nice, and the "hand stitching" really looks professional. (y)

·
Under appreciated
88,056 Posts
I didnt know the crowd at the rendezvous was so rough that you needed armed guards, but I did see that Mailman was going so...

:D

Nice work as usual Darren.

Reactions: Gamegetter

·
13,611 Posts
are there any traditional shoots coming up?

Mailman did you win anything

·
High-tech Hillbilly
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There have been a few traditional shoots at Ritter Springs just north of Springfield but that is the only one I know of.

Darren

·
Registered
69,518 Posts
I don't wait for the Trad shoots...jump right in with the wheely bows and have just as much fun. Plus no 5 minute wait between shooters.😁

·
13,611 Posts
reason I asked is my buddy was asking cause he has 20 some recurves and long bows he is wanting to sell and thought he might go to a shoot and try to sell a few.
I think he wants to much for them, he put a add on craigslist earlier this year, with just name of bows, with no price, and when someone would contact him, he would tell them the price and nobody every responded.
maybe I should have said, for only a price he thinks they are worth.... :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
69,518 Posts
Hands on is the only way I'd buy a used bow. Haven't seen many bows for sale at the Bud Shoot in the past

1 - 12 of 12 Posts