Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I missed a HUGE 10-pointer Wednesday night that had a big drop tine on his right side.

15 minutes in the tripod I rattled a bit, looked to my right and there he stood. I was sitting in a hedge row overlooking fescue (I hate fescue). It was foggy, rainy and cool. I got to the stand at 3:00, and I was winded because of the hustle. Yes rat I did the hustle to get back there. I was busted, antlers in hand, gun behind me and this monster standing broadside 130 yards away. Through the overcast fog/rain I managed to get my gun shouldered and squeezed off a round. Operator error. I missed. I looked for blood to no avail, he had run off unharmed. First shot of the year for me and it had to be a big boy. I should have tried a doe first.

The gun drives tacks on the range, I just missed him.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I did pretty much the same thing on opening day. 11 am. We walked out on the field edge at the same time. There he stood broadside 135 yrds away looking at me. I should not have shot. I missed, hes off on a dead run and aint seen him since. They usually dont come back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.