A BIG THANKYOU ..my first Bow deer season

Discussion in 'Archery Hunting' started by beanpile, Nov 8, 2010.

1. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

Well my Bow season is over for this year and its been a blast. seen enough deer to keep it interesting, got busted by a nice 8 pointer at 15 yards and unfortunately the only shot I took was a liver shot and I lost her. My place has been claimed for rifle season then I'll be to busy between Thanksgiving & Christmas.. so the stand is down. Many a lesson was hard learned.

I'm looking forward to rifle season now and hopefully Mrs Bean & I can fill the freezer and then look forward to the Holiday season with Family & friends.

That being said I want to throw out some thank yous for mentoring me , donating so extra doo dads to complete my Bow etc etc

I want to thank BTH :superman:for all his Support.he really took me by the hand during my buying process and advised me on setting up my bow

I want to thank Big Jake :bowing:for walking around the deer classic with me and suggesting I look at Ross Bows

I want to thank MOBOWMAN :2thumbsup:for making me feel like I got one heck of a deal thus making the investment feel even better

I want to thank LEE owner of the Powder Horn in Columbia :trophy:for setting up my Bow , bragging on while setting it altho he does not sell Ross's. He spent 1 1/2 hrs with me uninterrupted attention and tuned my bow and only charged me for the 6 Arrows I bought..

I want to thank all the MWT people that kept my encouraged with the positive reinforcement when I was getting frustrated and having 2nd thoughts those names are more than I can remember

I'd like to thank my lovely wife for not getting mad that I was hunting and she wasn't.

Really looking forward to next year

2. mrb

mrb New Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Moberly, Mo
    Sounds like your first experience was a good one...... And yes, there are some really great people we have as members here. One thing I have never understood is how in the world they all found the same site to call home........ I too have been blessed..... :cheers::cheers:

3. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    After the holidays are over slip on your longjohns and get to the woods. You have till January 15th to get that deer. Don't let a little cold weather stop you. If you are like me at all you have some extra insulation to keep you warm on the stand.:2thumbsup:

4. BigJake

BigJake New Member

Dec 27, 2005
    Glad to hear you are enjoying bow hunting, bro.

Can't wait for the possible archery hunt next fall in the Rockies! :cheers:

5. MOhunter46

MOhunter46 New Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Sedalia,MO
    Even though you didnt get a deer it sounds like you still had a good season, congrats! But i agree with mailman, get out there in the late season, there are still plenty of deer to be had.

6. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Sounds like you had a great start! If you get a chance, get back out there when you can.

7. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

You'll have to hit some 3D shoots next summer!!! Its a hoot!!!:cheers::wave:

8. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    Bean, it's been interesting reading watching you go through the process. Glad to see it was a positive experience. You're hooked for life. Hang in there, it's gonna happen for ya.:eek::

9. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

Thanks guys .. the probability of me being able to hunt after gun season is slim to none .. but thats ok . I hunt for meat not antler and this I use as a method to take the pressure off of gun season to fill the freezer & now with Doe season how it is .. well lets say I'm not a fan of it .. Does are still too skiddish & have gone nocturnal .. but :smiley:

I have had my fun and am already brain storming for next year .

lets see another stand, different arrows ..oh think of all the possibilities :thinking:

maybe an Elk hunt with Big Jake in Colorado in Sept :claphands:

10. Wings Fan 19

Wings Fan 19 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Kansas City, MO.
    Glad to see ya keepin' the chin up, it's not easy but man it's worth it. I'd gove up my rifle before me bows. :wave:

11. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    [rquote=1886591&tid=131325&author=Wings Fan 19] I'd gove up my rifle before me bows. :wave:[/rquote]

x2

12. Wade

Wade Senior Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Kansas City
    Don't count out the weeks after Christmas and New Year's. If you can stand the cold (ground blind, heater!) and find some standing corn or other food, you might be surprised how rewarding the late season can be as well.

Good luck rifle hunting!

13. It was my pleasure I assure you. I love helping people and you're a great guy! Glad you had fun and I expect to see you at some 3D shoots next year. It's a blast as well and great practice.

Be good!

BTH

14. MoBowman

MoBowman New Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    [rquote=1886974&tid=131325&author=pinwheel][rquote=1886591&tid=131325&author=Wings Fan 19] I'd gove up my rifle before me bows. :wave:[/rquote]

x2[/rquote]

X3 I did give up my rifle season for bowhunting this year :D and it is a Jungle out there :hysterical:

Bean, glad to hear that it turned out so well for you even though you lost your first deer with the bow, it happens man. Stick with it and practice all year, that itself will help eliminate those lost ones :2thumbsup:

15. icbigiowabucks

icbigiowabucks New Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Knoxville Iowa
    glad to hear you had a good year, and with everything youve learned next year will be even better im sure. what kinda of ROSS bow are you shooting, i have the cr334 and love it,

16. gwv

gwv New Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Macon,MO
    [rquote=1885063&tid=131325&author=beanpile]

I want to thank LEE owner of the Powder Horn in Columbia :trophy:for setting up my Bow , bragging on while setting it altho he does not sell . He spent 1 1/2 hrs with me uninterrupted attention and tuned my bow and only charged me for the 6 Arrows I bought..[/rquote]

All of the guys at powder horn are great. Have never had a bad experience in there. Had them set up the scope on my ML and all the charged me for was the rings I bought. Sounds like you are off to a great start.