***___ Surviving The Night ___***

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by SNA2STL, Nov 8, 2010.

1. SNA2STL

SNA2STL Active Member

Disclaimer; I do not know the experience level of the people teaching this class, but I am posting it here because any knowledge is good that can help in any situation when it comes to survival.

Surviving The NightLocation: Busch Shooting Range
    Date: Wednesday, November 10, 2010
    Time: 06:00 PM - 08:00 PM
    (All Ages) You have planned the perfect outdoor getaway with friends and/or family. You are having a good time; you go out for day hike, rock climbing or your favorite outdoor activity. Then something goes wrong, you get lost or some other catastrophe. Suddenly you are miles from nowhere and you find yourself lost deep in the wilderness. Do you know what to do? Can you survive the Night? This program is designed to teach you how to survive these types situations. It could save your live one day. This program will be held at the main building at the August A. Busch Conservation Area. Call 636-441-4554 for reservations. Reservations begin October 11
    Reservations are required by November 10, 2010

Nursolas

2. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    i know exactly what to do. clip on the iphone gps app:D

3. SNA2STL

SNA2STL Active Member

[rquote=1886811&tid=131450&author=Jeremy]i know exactly what to do. clip on the iphone gps app:D[/rquote]

Sure some situations dictate that, but what if you fall on it, and it breaks, or you have no reception/electrical at all. You are immobile, NOBODY knows where you are! Your hurt, and there is no option but to stay out with what you brought in with you, for the night.

4. SNA2STL

SNA2STL Active Member

It is snowing, -30 all night long! What do you do, well, well, WELL!!!

5. DADAKOTA

DADAKOTA Active Member

Apr 18, 2006
    I always let someone know where I am hunting. If I am not back at a reasonable time and haven't called, the search begins. I'd like to take the class anyways. Should be fun. :eek::

6. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    [rquote=1886825&tid=131450&author=SNA2STL][rquote=1886811&tid=131450&author=Jeremy]i know exactly what to do. clip on the iphone gps app:D[/rquote]

Sure some situations dictate that, but what if you fall on it, and it breaks, or you have no reception/electrical at all. You are immobile, NOBODY knows where you are! Your hurt, and there is no option but to stay out with what you brought in with you, for the night.[/rquote]

if i'm immobile, there nothing i'm going to be able to do besides lay there:shrug:

good class for someone who's out and about in remote places. i dont venture far from the farm, and someone always knows whereabouts i'll be.

7. SNA2STL

SNA2STL Active Member

[rquote=1886846&tid=131450&author=Jeremy][rquote=1886825&tid=131450&author=SNA2STL][rquote=1886811&tid=131450&author=Jeremy]i know exactly what to do. clip on the iphone gps app:D[/rquote]

Sure some situations dictate that, but what if you fall on it, and it breaks, or you have no reception/electrical at all. You are immobile, NOBODY knows where you are! Your hurt, and there is no option but to stay out with what you brought in with you, for the night.[/rquote]

if i'm immobile, there nothing i'm going to be able to do besides lay there:shrug:

good class for someone who's out and about in remote places. i dont venture far from the farm, and someone always knows whereabouts i'll be. [/rquote]

You have two broken legs, there is plenty you can do.

It is windy, rain, and NOBODY can hear you!

8. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    [rquote=1886863&tid=131450&author=SNA2STL][rquote=1886846&tid=131450&author=Jeremy][rquote=1886825&tid=131450&author=SNA2STL][rquote=1886811&tid=131450&author=Jeremy]i know exactly what to do. clip on the iphone gps app:D[/rquote]

good class for someone who's out and about in remote places. i dont venture far from the farm, and someone always knows whereabouts i'll be. [/rquote]

You have two broken legs, there is plenty you can do.

It is windy, rain, and NOBODY can hear you![/rquote]

like i said, when i go out and about, i'm on the farm property...175 acres total, i could get to a road, a house or something by arm cawling...as painful as it might be if absolutely needed. my circumstances are a bit different, if im going hunting..most know exactly which stand i'll be in, and we all know how we get to our stands. if i wasnt back by dark and didnt answer my cell..someone would be looking for me.
    for someone who hikes in remote places and whatnot..a good class...

9. SNA2STL

SNA2STL Active Member

Ok, you fall, two broken legs, and your bleeding on your strong arm that is broken as well. Also, because you feel "it won't happen to me because of blah blah blah!" YOU, and only YOU can save yourself! Hmmm, your also fat, smoke, and have a hangover!

10. oh please if i cant even crawl and have two broken legs and arms i doubt im going to be able to do anything that class will teach

11. ymurf

ymurf Active Member

Nov 4, 2006
    Steelville, Mo.
    [rquote=1886828&tid=131450&author=SNA2STL]It is snowing, -30 all night long! What do you do, well, well, WELL!!![/rquote]
    First thing Im thinking is what the heck am I doing out in this weather.

12. SNA2STL

SNA2STL Active Member

Your hunting, because you can!

13. If its -30 i can guarantee you im not hunting

14. ymurf

ymurf Active Member

Nov 4, 2006
    Steelville, Mo.
    [rquote=1886929&tid=131450&author=SNA2STL]Your hunting, because you can![/rquote]
    If I am hunting in those conditions I need to get lost.:rof2:

15. inkwithattitude

inkwithattitude New Member

Nov 23, 2009
    Caro,MI
    Well I say if all that happens to Jeremy and he's on the farm, then he's pretty much ah well um yeah that's it "screwed":whiteflag::rof2::pop:

16. SNA2STL

SNA2STL Active Member

[rquote=1886945&tid=131450&author=inkwithattitude]Well I say if all that happens to Jeremy and he's on the farm, then he's pretty much ah well um yeah that's it "screwed":whiteflag::rof2::pop:[/rquote]

Is that a technical term?

17. Big John

Big John New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    First rules of survival shelter, build a fire, if you are not injured those are the first two things you should try to accomplish...

18. sand_manms

sand_manms New Member

Dec 13, 2005
    South Mississippi
    Any one going out any place in the wild these days needs a backpack. In the pack, you should have a space blanket to conserve heat, a small med kit, water purification pills, a small cooking kit that you can use both for drinking and cooking. Also you should have non-perishable instant food such as instant soup, ramen noodles and some type of dried fruit or chocolate for energy. A pair of dry socks will do wonders too. A small flashlight will round this kit out! You can vary it to the time of year or location, but this is basic survival gear.