***___ CONUS Pilots ___***

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by SNA2STL, Nov 5, 2010.

1. SNA2STL

SNA2STL Active Member

What will the psychological complications be years down the road after you realize:

You just wiped out a whole town, or even dispatched one target, 7k miles away, let's go to The Waffle House!

Makes me wonder, how about you?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/unv9C2t7f5c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/unv9C2t7f5c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

2. sand_manms

sand_manms New Member

Dec 13, 2005
    South Mississippi
    Reminds me of the liberal news reporter who asked the sniper returning home what he felt when he shot another person. A little recoil, was his answer!

3. SNA2STL

SNA2STL Active Member

For some reason this just makes me feel sad, like I want to throw up.

I have always known that we are just a target on a screen, but it makes me feel sick now.

4. sand_manms

sand_manms New Member

Dec 13, 2005
    South Mississippi
    War is bad. People die. Life goes on.

5. SNA2STL

SNA2STL Active Member

6. SNA2STL

SNA2STL Active Member

Looks like in and out of CONUS, 24hrs a day....

7. Big John

Big John New Member

Oct 24, 2003
  8. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    almost like a video game....

9. SNA2STL

SNA2STL Active Member

Actually we started this with F4 drones in 77, with 15ft high video screens.

10. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    ultimate halo set-up

11. SNA2STL

SNA2STL Active Member

Seems appropriate to bring this post up again.

12. dumgai

dumgai New Member

our warriors consider it as , "doing my job". there may be long term mental health issues. it does not impact all but the onez it does live in hell everyday. we have a right to be concerned however there have been vast improvements in the V.A. system and in the services themselves to attempt to reduce the impact of the rigors of war. the problem is as warriors they often do not have the luxury of processing the impact until the mission is over. they do what they have been trained to do and move on to the next objective. we as citizens need to make our voices heard and insure our veterans have the best aftercare this country can provide. they stood up for us, we have to stand up for them. thanks a veteran everyday and shake the hand of every man and woman in uniform "thanks for doing the job". they appreiciate it.

13. SNA2STL

SNA2STL Active Member

14. SNA2STL

SNA2STL Active Member

[rquote=2253591&tid=131016&author=SNA2STL]Seems appropriate to bring this post up again.[/rquote]

I say this because we, the U.S., are looking for quite a few people to provide the mission readiness to fly the UAV, as well as the technicians to support them.

Not only overseas, but in CONUS as well.

So, if you want a job in a nice air conditioned environment, but still want to take part in the world of aviation. This may be for you.

Google UAV Jobs

15. SNA2STL

SNA2STL Active Member

Employment outlook looks like it is growing....

:eek::

16. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

I could do that!:wave:

17. SNA2STL

SNA2STL Active Member

[rquote=2777985&tid=131016&author=FiremanBrad]I could do that!:wave:[/rquote]

If you play video games you sure could! However, the targets are REAL!!!

18. Reflex

Reflex Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sullivan, MO
    Just like in the Movie Toys!