8pt down

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by MidwestWhitetails, Nov 3, 2010.

1. MidwestWhitetails

MidwestWhitetails New Member

Dec 10, 2009
    8pt down

Well, I was after a monster 180 class buck for most of the season but I couldn't pass this one up. I got in my stand around 6:30am and had buck movement all morning. I didn't see a thing between 11am and 5pm. At 5, the big one I have been after stepped out of a cedar thicket with a doe. He was intent on that doe so he never came close enough for a shot. At 5:45, I heard a deer jump a fence to the south of me. I looked thru my tree and saw this guy standing in a creek bottom. He started walking to the east. I hit him with a couple of grunts and he came in on a string. Made a 30 yard shot on him and he went down in sight.
    I could have held out for the giant I have seen several times so far but I have my other tag in hand. Hope he makes it thru gun season.

[file]145667[/file]

2. Deerhunter46

Deerhunter46 New Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Good deal.....Nice buck!

3. mohunter32

mohunter32 Senior Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2005
    Franklin Co, MO
  4. Thunderhead

Thunderhead Member

May 8, 2009
    Ste. Genevieve
    It's a tough call this time of year:) Congrats on a nice buck!

5. Stud Hunter

Stud Hunter Active Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Blue Springs, Mo
    Nice one congrats!!:cheers:

6. bowhuntKS

bowhuntKS King of the White Ninjas

Sep 11, 2006
    KS
    That's a great deer right there...congrats:cheers:

7. bckhntr

bckhntr Member

Sep 24, 2008
    Missouri
    Nice buck.... :cheers:

8. archer66

archer66 5 shots 1 kill

Jun 21, 2008
    Nothing wrong with that one....maybe you'll kill the 180 with a rifle or during late bow season....then of course there's smoke pole season too!!