7mm-08 bought and paid for

Discussion in 'Whitetails General' started by kcraider21, Feb 18, 2006.

1. kcraider21

kcraider21 New Member

Aug 17, 2005
    Belton, MO
    I went to Great Guns and picked up my Weatherby 7mm-08. It is a sweet little gun and I got it for $491. I didn't get to shoot it today, but I can't wait.

2. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Sounds like a sweet rig....what kind of scope did ya put on it?

3. kcraider21

kcraider21 New Member

Aug 17, 2005
    Belton, MO
    Oh ya, I knew is was forgetting something fireman. I put Leupold rings and bases and a Nikon Buckmasters 3x9x40 scope on it.

4. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Got a buckmasters on my '06... never a complaint.

Sounds like a shooter... congrats!

5. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Good choice there....I have 3 Nikon scopes, and bino's too....good stuff there.

6. kcraider21

kcraider21 New Member

Aug 17, 2005
    Belton, MO
    I have 5 scopes and all are Nikon. They are pretty good quality scopes from what I can tell. They are one of the best mid range priced scopes I have found. Can't quite spend the money on a Swarovski or Zeiss, if ya know what I mean.

7. kcraider21

kcraider21 New Member

Aug 17, 2005
    Belton, MO
    I have 5 scopes and all are Nikon. They are pretty good quality scopes from what I can tell. They are one of the best mid range priced scopes I have found. Can't quite spend the money on a Swarovski or Zeiss, if ya know what I mean.

8. sand_manms

sand_manms New Member

Dec 13, 2005
    South Mississippi
    Sounds nice. Good choices.

9. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    You guys with the buckmaster 3-9x40's....do you like the cross hair on it? I have one and it is just great for hunting but I've tried it on my .243 for precise target shooting and found the cross hair is just a bit thick. It's nothing like my Leupolds cross hair.

10. kcraider21

kcraider21 New Member

Aug 17, 2005
    Belton, MO
    I have not had any problems with getting good accuracy with them Mailman. Usually my problem is more about holding study than the crosshairs. LOL

11. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

I don't have any buckmasters, but the two ProStaffs, on muzzleloaders, and the Titanium on my 25-06 all do quite well...

12. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    MO
    Sounds like you have a real nice shooter in the making!
    Congrats!
    :cheers::cheers:

So where's the pics? :D

13. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

WOW!!! $491 THATS CHEAP!:dancin:
    I wish Great Guns had a webpage..regardless I think you have found gun heaven in Kearny.

I have a friend with a Nikon & several of my friends have the $200 Leupold's.. I myself have a Simmon's 44 mag but what I was getting at was the fact that the L's cross hairs for late dusk shooting can disappear. I'll take the thicker Xhairs for hunting purposes

14. kcraider21

kcraider21 New Member

Aug 17, 2005
    Belton, MO
    I have heard by several people now, that Great Guns is one of the best places to find a good deal on a gun. They have a pretty nice selection of rifles, shotguns, handguns, ammo and accesories. They told me, if they do not have what you are looking for, there is a good chance they can get it for you through their suppliers.