75 Geese dumped in Cass County

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Hunting' started by radioactive, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Agreed....Never really like any duck or goose meat until I started going to Taters doublewide....Lot of great cooks there!
  2. fullfan

fullfan Active Member

Feb 23, 2016
    Get off your high horse Greggers
    Wings Fan 19 likes this.

3. huntinmo

huntinmo Active Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Jefferson County
    This thread is not about Canada Geese, not all geese are created equal either! :rolleyes:
  4. 260rem

260rem Member

Nov 2, 2014
    Kc area
    Did the article say when this happened? A friend of mine drove by a field in northwest Cass County a saw a bunch of dead geese in a field. He called to report it but that was a couple of weeks ago.
  5. radioactive

radioactive Active Hunter

Jan 25, 2012
    Story ran the 20th and mentions they were found Friday, so they would have been dumped the night of the 15th.
  6. cash50

cash50 Member

Nov 4, 2009
    St. Chuck
    Totally reasonable response. I'm sure wingshooters are eating pigeons by the bushel too, but if not would we be better off trying a more modern method of execution ?
  7. 20'

20' Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2017
    Shooting them is far more fun than cleaning them and cleaning them is better than eating them!
    DCSarchette likes this.
  8. 20'

20' Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2017
    I seen the MDC mad a big pile of Asian carp in west stl county
  9. patriotoutlaw

patriotoutlaw New Member

Jul 23, 2015
    All that wanton slaughter is fun, but....Somebody forgot to tell those "hunters" that the work begins AFTER the kill. Lazy, disgusting abusers of wildlife. I hope they are caught and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
    Bates likes this.
  10. cash50

cash50 Member

Nov 4, 2009
    St. Chuck
    Haha you better bring the dog inside. Nobody can say a bad word about them..
  11. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Eaten a lot of silo pigeons. Canada geese, tried a few thing, always tolerable. Jerky is excellent.
    Killing stuff obligates you to make use. I wish I would have skinned every city squirrel but I’m not perfect.
    Carry on, I’m sure you all are spotless. :D
  12. Muleskinner

Muleskinner Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2006
    Osage County
    Am I wrong I thought they wanted the snow geese killed just to get rid of some because of the tundra was being destroyed .
    I thought the feds were pulling them up also up north?

DADAKOTA Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2006
    Hauled a bunch of pigeon to Taterfest a couple years back. Excellent table fare. Folks were clamoring for more. Just a real big dove.
    DCSarchette, wingman and Clucker like this.
  14. bluecan

bluecan Long time listener, first time caller

How did that armadillo taste that you shot recentlyo_O? and the lizard of years gone by...:wave1:
    fullfan, Wings Fan 19 and Muleskinner like this.
  15. killmode

killmode Deplorable member

I've found that a lot of folks who trash talk certain birds or fish have never even ate one. We even keep snow goose gizzards... the breast is similar to deer. If you ate some you didnt like you might just need a different recipe. Goose jerky is as good as deer. Marinated and bacon wrapped breast is also as good as deer IMO
  16. CuivreDog2

CuivreDog2 Addicted Habitat Junkie

Mar 27, 2010
    Lincoln County, MO
    Tenderize breast filets with a jaccard, soak in beer marinade overnight, sprinkle liberally with lemon pepper, place in smoker and cook to medium rare................you'll be begging for more!
  17. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    No sir, not gonna eat a yote, but still plan to kill everyone of them I can. :D
    KChunter likes this.
  18. farmnhunt

farmnhunt Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2006
    I'm not condoning but if this was his plan at least use a little discretion. Don't make it a public observance. Just like dumping processed deer carcasses, don't dump them beside the road or at the MDC parking lot. This stuff makes us all look bad.
  19. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Wrap in bacon......great!!

20. bluecan

bluecan Long time listener, first time caller

I also would have accepted "Tastes like crow!" :tup: