7.62x54r ammo needed!

Discussion in 'Guns & Ammo' started by Doemaster, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Doemaster

Doemaster New Member

im going shooting tomarrow and i need my mom to get some 7.62x54r ammo for the range. any sources close to garden city?

2. fish

fish Active Member

Little late for to be looking for it tomorrow but for anybody else looking for it Powder Horn in Columbia has it in a soft point no less:pop:

3. Doemaster

Doemaster New Member

i wasnt planning on huntin with it i just would like to warm up with it before i use my 270

4. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    why would you "warm up" with a gun that has twice as much recoil? thats like driving a viper to warm up for a drag race in a neon.

5. Doemaster

Doemaster New Member

breaks my shoulder in :) i havent shot a rifle since last season, also i think the mosin doesnt kick to bad.

6. fish

fish Active Member

7.62x54R ain't like going out to buy a box of 22LR tho. Doubt that there is a Wal-Marks:cool3: in the state that has or will have a box of it. Just sayin...:pop:

7. Doemaster

Doemaster New Member

I got plenty of .22lr, mosin ammo last time we got some was 40 shells for 10$

8. Longbow26

Longbow26 New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Farmington, MO
    Find a mom and pop gun store near you. Walmart not cary the Mossen ammo. Least ours does not.

I know our gun store in town does cary it but in such small quantities if 2 ppl were to go in and buy some the 3rd person would be out of luck till next shipment.

9. Curtis

Curtis Active Member

I would not wish going to the shooting range the weekend before deer season on anyone :eek:

At minimum, you'll probably have a 2 hour wait :pop:

10. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

[rquote=1881687&tid=130988&author=curtism1234]I would not wish going to the shooting range the weekend before deer season on anyone :eek:

At minimum, you'll probably have a 2 hour wait :pop:[/rquote]
    That's why I don't go to those anymore.