7.62x54r ammo needed!

Discussion in 'Guns & Ammo' started by Doemaster, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Doemaster

Doemaster New Member

im going shooting tomarrow and i need my mom to get some 7.62x54r ammo for the range. any sources close to garden city?

2. fish

fish I love work. I can watch it all day.

Little late for to be looking for it tomorrow but for anybody else looking for it Powder Horn in Columbia has it in a soft point no less:pop:

3. Doemaster

Doemaster New Member

i wasnt planning on huntin with it i just would like to warm up with it before i use my 270

4. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    why would you "warm up" with a gun that has twice as much recoil? thats like driving a viper to warm up for a drag race in a neon.

5. Doemaster

Doemaster New Member

breaks my shoulder in :) i havent shot a rifle since last season, also i think the mosin doesnt kick to bad.

6. fish

fish I love work. I can watch it all day.

7.62x54R ain't like going out to buy a box of 22LR tho. Doubt that there is a Wal-Marks:cool3: in the state that has or will have a box of it. Just sayin...:pop:

7. Doemaster

Doemaster New Member

I got plenty of .22lr, mosin ammo last time we got some was 40 shells for 10$

8. Longbow26

Longbow26 New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Farmington, MO
    Find a mom and pop gun store near you. Walmart not cary the Mossen ammo. Least ours does not.

I know our gun store in town does cary it but in such small quantities if 2 ppl were to go in and buy some the 3rd person would be out of luck till next shipment.

9. Curtis

Curtis Active Member

Mar 1, 2005
    St. Peters, MO
    I would not wish going to the shooting range the weekend before deer season on anyone :eek:

At minimum, you'll probably have a 2 hour wait :pop:

10. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

[rquote=1881687&tid=130988&author=curtism1234]I would not wish going to the shooting range the weekend before deer season on anyone :eek:

At minimum, you'll probably have a 2 hour wait :pop:[/rquote]
    That's why I don't go to those anymore.