1. Copeman

Copeman New Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Missouri
    as most of ya know im new to doin food plots and have been gathering up info on making a fall plot. I made a small plot in the back yard just to play with and i got some ?'s I planted evolved habitats new zealand mix ( clover, chickory, brassicas, and turnips) and it seems my turnips i belive are comin on strong but i dont see anything that resembles crimson clover or chickory. I planted the week after turkey season. Does it take a while for it to take off or do yall belive something is wrong. thanks agian for the help fellas.

2. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    in my experience...i planted some clover and turnips last fall, it wasnt until this spring until my clover just took off. turnips grew like crazy last fall after i planted the mix.

3. Gamegetter

Gamegetter Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2004
  4. HabitatMD

HabitatMD Active Member

Jan 4, 2007
    St. Louis, Mo
    First, I'd take a look at the suggested planting dates for that mix. I'd be willing to bet, it would do much better planted in mid August-early Sept. As Jeremy said, the clover/chicory really won't get going to the next spring.

Other than that, like others said, I'd give it some time. If it fails, I'd guess you may have planted it too deep or less likely, the timing just didn't work out.

5. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

Clover is a very hard seed and usually takes some time to germinate. If its only been since the end of turkey season you have plenty of time yet before worrying.(.02)

:cheers::cheers:

6. Copeman

Copeman New Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Missouri
    Thanks for all the input fellas sounds like i will be ok. Wish deer season would get here:sniper::rock: