Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't think it would be very promissing after looking at the weather but the boy's did manage to drop the only duck that worked the dekes. About 10 minutes after shooting time had a drake GWT land in the middle of dekes. Watched him for about 3 minutes swimming around and "peeping" at just about every deke including the floating wing spinna before I told the boy's to shoot it. They both unloaded before the last shot finally clipped a wing and down he went. Whit made a pretty good retrieve on it as she didn't see it go down in the willows and buck brush across the cove from us. Had to line her up and cast her in the general area and let her nose go to work.

Saw a total of 5 ducks in 3 hours. Took a boat ride up a creek and busted a raft of about 50 scaup in the middle of the creek :shrug:.

Haley and Whit.

Jr. woodchuck doing what he does best :bored:

·
Registered
10,315 Posts
Well ya'll didnt come home empty handed! Way to go.

Good job to whit on the retrieve. I have a hard time getting my dog to line up every now and then.

·
Registered
17,097 Posts
man.... when are the ducks goona arrive john???

Good shootin to your boys!!!:rock:

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by Gakic24

About Jan. 26th I'm guessin' Jason ;). Know where there's a good # of ducks for down here but getting them to get off of a city turd pond might be a problem atleast down here it is. Out west tho rumor has it swattin' the turd ponds is the only way to get em ;).

·
Registered
17,097 Posts
Originally posted by swmo

About Jan. 26th I'm guessin' Jason ;). Know where there's a good # of ducks for down here but getting them to get off of a city turd pond might be a problem atleast down here it is. Out west tho rumor has it swattin' the turd ponds is the only way to get em ;).
:thinking::thinking::thinking:

guess we need to empty Rebels Ceptic tank in da HH then!!

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by 1FastCam

Good job to whit on the retrieve. I have a hard time getting my dog to line up every now and then.
Thanks Zen. Don't have a problem getting her to line up, it's getting her to stay on the line that she seem to stray from every now and then ;).

·
Registered
9,727 Posts
reb start eaten more corn sounds like you boys are comin for turd pond splatterin:woot::toilet::toilet::toilet::toilet:

·
Registered
17,011 Posts
momma ain't gonna be happy if you let whit in the house looking like that.:peepwall:

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by wingmaninmo
momma ain't gonna be happy if you let whit in the house looking like that.:peepwall:
That's why we pressure wash her at the ramp before headin' home. She just loves doing cannon balls off the dock ;)

·
Registered
17,011 Posts
That's why we pressure wash her at the ramp before headin' home. She just loves doing cannon balls off the dock ;)
got to close up the damn when she's done, water level dropping to fast.:rof2:

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
got to close up the damn when she's done, water level dropping to fast.:rof2:
Is that a fat joke? She's not fat, she's just BIG boned and maybe a lil chunky ;). Chunk-N-dunkin' baby :cheers:

·
Registered
1,673 Posts

Well John unfortunately it ain't true this year. Honestly the worst duck year in 8 years for this area. Like you said they will prolly show up as soon as season is up. Regardless we are gonna end duck season the right way in Toto land with a keg and a weekend at the cabin. U and reb should come up.

·
Registered
42,107 Posts
Originally posted by TeamBDM

Well John unfortunately it ain't true this year. Honestly the worst duck year in 8 years for this area. Like you said they will prolly show up as soon as season is up. Regardless we are gonna end duck season the right way in Toto land with a keg and a weekend at the cabin. U and reb should come up.
You know ill be there w/ bells and whistles on :woot:

When shall this weekend be?

·
Registered
19,796 Posts
Originally posted by 1FastCam

Thanks Zen. Don't have a problem getting her to line up, it's getting her to stay on the line that she seem to stray from every now and then ;).
whatchu say ? Dat dog Whit is da BOMB_DIGGITY (DOG) !!!!

she needs more TREATS !!!:rock::rock::dancin::bowing::bowing:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts