Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
50 gallon tank with all accessories and stand. I have more stuff to go with it than what is in the picture. No gravel,water or fish. $100.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I will be see what my better half thinks, we will be up there this weekend,,,,,,she likes fishies,,,,,,,:woot:

·
Under appreciated
88,216 Posts
I'll ask the wife. I'd love to have it in the basement and have threatened to do it before so she'll be expecting such. :D

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
If you get it you ought to do a saltwater tank!! Wish I had room for a bigger tank then what I got.

[rquote=1346759&tid=75573&author=rat]I'll ask the wife. I'd love to have it in the basement and have threatened to do it before so she'll be expecting such. :D[/rquote]

·
Under appreciated
88,216 Posts
[rquote=1346762&tid=75573&author=TAB]If you get it you ought to do a saltwater tank!! Wish I had room for a bigger tank then what I got.

[rquote=1346759&tid=75573&author=rat]I'll ask the wife. I'd love to have it in the basement and have threatened to do it before so she'll be expecting such. :D[/rquote][/rquote]

I actually wanted a big saltwater tank and got vetoed. lol

I'm thinking I'd like a freshwater tank and do some cichilids or similar.
Maybe a freshwater missouri tank too although 50gal may be too small for that.
I had a Jack Dempsey in college that had an appetite for minners and loved feeding that thing.

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
rat if you decide you need 2-50 gal tanks let me know I'll make you a deal on a second one.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
I have a 29 gallon saltwater tank that I'm taking down to rebuild. Got all my livestock,corals (just a few ) and my clownfish In a 10 gallon tank at the moment. Wish I had room for something bigger than the 29.

·
Under appreciated
88,216 Posts
[rquote=1346780&tid=75573&author=nastyjack63]rat if you decide you need 2-50 gal tanks let me know I'll make you a deal on a second one.[/rquote]

2 50's would just get me kicked out twice as fast. :hysterical:

So TAB... is 50 NOT too small for saltwater? I heard they are MUCH more maintenance also.

I want predatory fish in there.. oscars and such so I was just thinking freshwater cause I'm lazy. :D

·
Under appreciated
88,216 Posts
[rquote=1346794&tid=75573&author=2manyhobbies]Rat I'll even deliver it.[/rquote]

Cant beat that!!

Heck bro, I'll meet you halfway if I get the okeedokee.
I'll let you know as soon as the wife gets home from her happy hour and I cure up from mine. :D

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
[rquote=1346789&tid=75573&author=rat][rquote=1346780&tid=75573&author=nastyjack63]rat if you decide you need 2-50 gal tanks let me know I'll make you a deal on a second one.[/rquote]

So TAB... is 50 NOT too small for saltwater? I heard they are MUCH more maintenance also.

I want predatory fish in there.. oscars and such so I was just thinking freshwater cause I'm lazy. :D[/rquote]

50 isn't too small. Some people have 10 gallons and also lil 2 or 3 gallons(but do not have fish only coral. In a 50 you won't be able to keep large fish.

How to explain this. If you peed in a swimming pool vs peeing in a glass of water, in the pool there will be lil effect. In a glass of water you will notice it :D.

In a smaller tank just don't overstock it. check water params. and do water changes when needed. I read up alot on it before I jumped into it.When water evaporates you have to keep it filled or the salinity won't stay correct as the salt doesn't evaporate.

·
Under appreciated
88,216 Posts
[rquote=1346818&tid=75573&author=TAB][rquote=1346789&tid=75573&author=rat][rquote=1346780&tid=75573&author=nastyjack63]rat if you decide you need 2-50 gal tanks let me know I'll make you a deal on a second one.[/rquote]

I want predatory fish in there.. oscars and such so I was just thinking freshwater cause I'm lazy. :D[/rquote]

50 isn't too small. Some people have 10 gallons and also lil 2 or 3 gallons(but do not have fish only coral. In a 50 you won't be able to keep large fish.

How to explain this. If you peed in a swimming pool vs peeing in a glass of water, in the pool there will be lil effect. In a glass of water you will notice it :D.

In a smaller tank just don't overstock it. check water params. and do water changes when needed. I read up alot on it before I jumped into it.When water evaporates you have to keep it filled or the salinity won't stay correct as the salt doesn't evaporate.[/rquote]
Good to know. Thanks man. :cheers:

·
Registered
886 Posts
I would be very interested if we could find a way to Independence. Anybody traveling from there to here?

·
Under appreciated
88,216 Posts
I'm not sure I'm interested at this point. I really dont have a GREAT place to put it yet.

rh44... if you can make it work, have at it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.