Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

5 year-old takes first gobbler during youth season

927 views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Cburrows_tx 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Originally posted by Chairman
as her dad, Vince, looked on.
Hey, he's doing what I've been doing all season - looking on...We got a few days left.

#6 ·
I was going to say IF there is an age limit I don't agree with it. If they can hold the gun on their own saftly then let em hunt. We've got to reinvest in this shooting sports some how and age limits aren't going to let it happen.

Hats off to the young lady AND her Dad for getting her involved.

#7 ·
Age restrictions are wrong. They are not in place to protect the children, they are in place to make the agent's job easier. Instead of having to make a decision on whether the child is actually hunting or if the parent is using the child to hunt for themselves, they can just use the age cutoff. Just like not letting bowhunters carry sidearms for protection. Just makes the agent's job easier so they dont have to evaluate the situation, just write the ticket. Same for not being able to carry a shotgun and bow at the same time during fall turkey and bow season.

#9 ·
Congrats to the little girl and her father. I feel that if a child is responsible enough and safe enough to hunt then they should be able to (with supervision) no matter what the age. From the story I would say she was practicing good safety. Heck I know people my age and alot older that shouldn't be allowed to hunt b/c they have no ethic, safety and responsibility but they do anyways. I just try to make sure I am as far away as possible from those types of people.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.