Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We heard 3 reports of an aprox 5 ft gator in LOZ. All around the 70 MM. Someone also said there was a reward for it "Dead or alive"

Best account was only second hand. A friend of Jim the owner of Buffalo Winery. (YES I WAS DRINKIN AGAIN) was checkin his trout line when he saw a shads head stikin up out of da water funny eh. He went over by it and said he got a good look at a gator!

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Originally posted by Parker

I'd say they're trying to fool the new guy.....but who knows.

Parker
OMG, this is CLASSIC! :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

OH, and snowman, I'm not usually one to correct people, but there are no "trout" in LofO. And if you call it a "trout" line you are gonna immediately clue people in that you ain't from around here. (It's trot.....as in what you do wiff a horse by the way.)

I doubt they'd know that by the way you talk or anything. :hysterical: eh?

Not trying to be a butt, just trying to help out. :cheers:

·
PURE KILLER
38,011 Posts
poor poor snowman,just moved here and already getting picked on by the locals:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:is it a maneater or a womaneater:rotfl:

but on the other hand i do know a guy that has had one for about five years now in his pond around centrailia.he dug a hole for it in the bank and fills it full of straw in the winter.he used to keep it in the house and then he got a new wife and she couldn't handle seeing a big ole gator go sauntering by when she was cooking breakfast

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
I wouldn't worry bout dem gators eh....those giant catfish big nuff to eat a man up by the dam are what I'd be lookin out fer....

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,475 Posts
Originally posted by fireman_3311
I wouldn't worry bout dem gators eh....those giant catfish big nuff to eat a man up by the dam are what I'd be lookin out fer....
Yep....I was trying to think of some others to point out to him, and THIS is a very good one......Snowman.....there's no cats that swallowed a diver, or are as big as a VW, or came into view of divers where the cat's eyes were as big as the diver's head......you WILL hear about these stories! :D

Parker

·
6,643 Posts
Cats as big as VW's I would say no, but I am a Divemaster and worked for Nacogdoches County Sheriff's Dept as a search and recovery diver and saw some cats at the dam on Sam Rayburn Reservoir that I sure didn't want to mess with.

·
Registered
18,763 Posts
I believe that kc, I'm sure no vw sized ones, but I've seen my share of 80 pounders caught and saw the biggest cat I've ever seen floating belly up, that was a flathead that I would almost bet went 100 lbs.
I wouldn't want to mess with them underwater either!

·
Retired
9,536 Posts
Originally posted by Parker
My point on this is though.......have you ever looked at the EYES of an 80 pounder? Their EYES aren't that big. :eek:

But.....the got BIG CHOMPERS! :D

Parker
I know of 2 of them big cats up that way that have to still be tied off to the front bumper of jeeps and are still pulling them jeeps around underwater!:cheers:

Another Classic born for sure!:cheers:

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Ever notice that it's always second hand information. The actual person that "saw it" is conveniently not around.
Now I'm not one to say there aren't big catfish lurking. I'd say the largest in the Missouri River would go 120, maybe 130 pounds. Mekong River in China keeps the really big ones.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OK OK EH! :confused: I heard a guy tell Lloyd the owner of the marina about da gator. Den wen we went to da winery we heard da same story only Jim da owner talked to one of dem dat saw the 5 foot gator. So afder I been reading dis razzin here I think I'm gunna go find dat gator myself! Den its either him or me eh! :D

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.