Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's pictures of the magnificent 47 pt. alive from last year. He was hit Nov. 13th, 2009 the day before rifle season several miles up the road from our property.

It's too bad a car took his life, I'm sure I would've fell out of the tree, if he presented himself to me during hunting season!

My friend who is one of the head Wildlife Biologist for MDC sent me pictures of the 47 pt. buck dead in the bed of the truck, moments after it was tagged by the lucky guy who found the deer laying on the side of the rd.

Your chances of finding a deer like that is like winning the lottery!

Hopefully he spreaded his seed around, and we'll see his off-spring running around in years to come...

[file]83461[/file] [file]83463[/file] [file]83465[/file] [file]83467[/file]

[Edited on 12-10-2009 by walnutcreekoutfitters]

·
Registered
13,957 Posts
bout time you posted them............ I didn't want to steal your thunder........... :cheers::cheers::cheers::wave::wave:

·
17,689 Posts
He would have been a shooter for sure:cheers:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[rquote=1504750&tid=104976&author=mrb]bout time you posted them............ I didn't want to steal your thunder........... :cheers::cheers::cheers::wave::wave:[/rquote]

I know I know!

You MWT members have turned me into a forum junkie! I read all the posts every night, but have been holding back some pictures and topics. I'll stop holding back, I have a bunch more pictures and videos to upload soon.

Keep up the good work MWT members!

·
11,357 Posts
Those are pictures taken by someone on a handheld camera aren't they? AWESOME pics of the buck... Appreciate you sharing them with us:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[rquote=1504761&tid=104976&author=Whitmore44]Did you ever find his sheds? What a beast of a deer! :kewlpics:[/rquote]

I wish! My UBM friend who hunts with me, shot a buck a few years ago in the same area that mimics the mainframe of this 47 point. Certainly wasn't even close to this brute.. but possibly from the same blood line?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
[rquote=1504791&tid=104976&author=walnutcreekoutfitters][rquote=1504764&tid=104976&author=Whitmore44]Hard to believe he is a mainframe 6 point from what I can tell.[/rquote]

Exactly my thoughts...[/rquote]
maybe I should quit having youth hunters shoot all our main frame 6 points lol

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
[rquote=1504795&tid=104976&author=DForbis]Those are pictures taken by someone on a handheld camera aren't they? AWESOME pics of the buck... Appreciate you sharing them with us:cheers::cheers:[/rquote]

Yes indeed, I have to give credit to my friend who took the pictures.

·
CROSSBOW HATER!
48,418 Posts
better hope one his toddlers can make to the age he was otherwise a waste of good genetics. it'll probably happe though, with the 40 days of gun pressure the mdc allows :D:stirpot:

what an absolutely fabulous specimen, it only takes age (well at least it is the most important factor)

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
71,850 Posts
Just in case someone never knew what the term Mr. Freaknasty meant..... They do now....:D

Great deer, too bad his demise was at the hands of an automobile, and not my Mathews.....:shrug:

[Edited on 12-10-2009 by callaojoe]

·
Registered
444 Posts
do you think the person that hit the deer slowed down, or was this a case of i am gettin him one way or the other...............it happens,,just sayin

·
2,842 Posts
Whats the story here? Walnut creek outfitters? Is there a story? Did this deer escape from a high fence place? Was it just a big ol goodun?

·
2,451 Posts
Walnut Creek Outfitters? Is this an outfitter in the Lee's Summit/metro area? Just curious. I live in Lee's Summit close to Fleming Park. Some hogs in there for sure.

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
he was a heck of a buck:cheers:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts