Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum...Ok I'm almost 42 and I'm having ALOT of trouble seeing through my peep and focusing on my pins. I'm sure some of you have gone thru this already. What kind of sight did you switch to? Boy it sucks getting old...

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
A peep with a clarifier lens may help you. I shoot one that clarifies the picture in my glass. I believe it will do the same on bare pins. You may have to try several different powers before you land on the right combo.

·
Registered
12,626 Posts
Quick question, do you wear glasses and if so are they bifocals. Some times on the bifocals the transistion spot just happens to be where the peep lines up and creates problems with clarity. This is where the clairifier will help, I shoot with a pair of regular glasses without the Bi's.

If you don't wear glasses, might get your eyes checked first. Sucks getting old. good luck

MoBowman ```--------->

·
Registered
11,987 Posts
BTW Mustang! Welcome to the forum!:wave:

·
Registered
18,259 Posts
Originally posted by Bownly
You may need a larger hole in the peep. They should come in different sizes. If not, TAKE IT OFF THE STRING and then drill it.
I ditto that.

DSG do you hunt with that set up or jsut target shoot ? Not sure if his question is a target set up or hunting. I can't see hunting with a magnifier, what if it rains ? I like as simple as possible when it comes to hunting.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
7X. I have hunted wiff it a couple a times late last year and din't like it. The glass gets all dirtied up too easy. The reason I did is cause I was only shooting one bow.

I don't intend on hunting with either the "glass" in my sight or the clarifier peep either this fall. Will have a special hunting set up this year.

As far as it getting wet when it rains....no prollem, cause I am in the cabin when it's raining. :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Setup: Champion Mustang with a peep and titanium pins. It's just for hunting. I fixed the problem two years ago by drilling the peep hole larger. My eyes are just getting worse. I wear contacts for distance correction. I haven't had to get glasses for reading fine print but that day will be here soon. The biggest problem is when the light is low(dawn/dusk). Unfortunately, that is when a large percentage of shots are offered. Thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
812 Posts
Originally posted by Mustang
Setup: Champion Mustang with a peep and titanium pins. It's just for hunting. I fixed the problem two years ago by drilling the peep hole larger. My eyes are just getting worse. I wear contacts for distance correction. I haven't had to get glasses for reading fine print but that day will be here soon. The biggest problem is when the light is low(dawn/dusk). Unfortunately, that is when a large percentage of shots are offered. Thanks for the replies!
i would also suggest getting a peep with a larger hole.

fyi - if you are going to drill out your peep, remove it from the string first. i can only imagine what would happen if you drilled and cut the string. :behead:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.