4 gobblers?

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting General' started by Bowkil, Mar 25, 2006.

1. Bowkil

Bowkil New Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Ozark Plateau
    has it been done? has anyone legally shot 4 gobblers in the spring?
    2 for farm tag, and 2 for spring tag.

2. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    You can only take 2 gobblers a spring, no matter what combination of tags you have.

Parker

3. Vector

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    Here's the info. from their web site:

Two male turkeys or turkeys with visible beard may be taken during the season, with the following restrictions:

You may only take one turkey during the first week from April 24–30.
    If you do not take one during the first week, then you may take two during the second or third week from May 1–14, but you may not take them both on the same day.

Parker

4. Mike911

Mike911 New Member

Apr 21, 2003

5. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

I think you can kill 4 birds in Texas, but NOT in Mo.....lol

6. Vector

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    Yeah, Texas has a big limit! Don't know what ranch you could hunt on where they'd let you take all of them though. :confused:

I think I'm going on a gobbler hunt somewhere next year for my vacation. One of my vacation buddys is pregnant......so I think she's out for going to Vegas next year! (NO IT WAS NOT ME!) :D

Parker

7. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Sure, we believe ya....lol. I am looking into South Dakota for next spring....with Iowa at 200 bucks for one bird...I'm going to go west!!! Those Merriam's are awful purty!!! Will have to line up a taxidermist after that trip I'm afraid!!!

8. Vector

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    Yeah, sounds like a good deal. How do you pick an outfitter that's that far from home though? That's one of my issues. I want a Merriam's BAAAAD for the wall. I should get a rio this spring, but we'll see.

I am NOT going to Iowa.....these tag prices are getting REALLY stupid.

Parker

9. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

I'm looking into some public ground...lots of it west of Rapid City...Black Hills area...if you like Vegas, you'd LOVE Deadwood, SD....hehehe. The place I'm looking at, is north of there. I wouldn't pick an outfitter without several references...Where ya going for the Rio? Yea, this will be my last year for Iowa turkeys....will try again for a fall bow tag, since I'm setting on 2 pref. points.....they'll prolly raise the price of that one too, before they start the draw....

10. Vector

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    I'm going to western KS for rio's, if I get the chance to go. I've still got to get the time off. I've been out there before, and I was right on the line between the sub's, and all I was able to kill was easterns.

Parker

11. oneshot 1

oneshot 1 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    Bowkil I really hope your kidding :mad:

oneshot
    :D The Big Grin likes Fried Turkey.

12. Bowkil

Bowkil New Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Ozark Plateau
    damn! good thing i posted about this. imagine callin in 3 or 4 turkeys to MDC.