Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Recovering Huntaholic
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New lease for 2017-18 season. Established and managed by a Certified Wildlife Biologist. The 3,400 contiguous acres are in northern Bates County. Land cover is roughly 70% beans/corn, 20% timbered creeks/drainages, and 10% CRP. Numerous ponds and creeks. Landowner has not allowed hunting since 2015, so deer density is above average.

Limited to six members total. Dues are $4K each. Four slots are already taken. Applications are now being accepted for the remaining two slots. Each member is allowed 1 buck, 2 does, and 2 gobblers. For the 2017-18 season, a shooter buck must be 150" or larger. Trail camera inventories and observation data will be used throughout the first year to help members calibrate their eyes to more accurately field age bucks in this locale. Assuming all six demonstrate good field aging skills, then an age-based harvest criteria (5.5+) will be adopted for the 2018-19 season.

Send a U2U if you want to explore a membership opportunity. Thanks and God bless!

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
70,944 Posts
Great opportunity if a guy wants to hunt that way.... :eek::

·
Banned
81,616 Posts
Good luck getting your slots filled. :eek::

·
Under appreciated
89,807 Posts
Does the "must live 2 hours away" still apply? If that went away, I'd see a lot more opportunity to recruit members. :02:
Lots of folks that advertise leases here also post an aerial... may help recruit as well.

Good luck!

·
Recovering Huntaholic
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Does the "must live 2 hours away" still apply? If that went away, I'd see a lot more opportunity to recruit members. :02:
Lots of folks that advertise leases here also post an aerial... may help recruit as well.

Good luck!
Preference still goes to candidates living two hours or more away. I agree that the distance limits some member recruitment, but it works best for our group setup. Aerials are provided once the applicant gets past the initial phone call Q&A to demonstrate they are a serious candidate. I stopped posting maps after hearing about a theft ring that trolled hunting lease ads to target campsites and equipment sheds.

·
Under appreciated
89,807 Posts
Got it, good luck.

·
2,436 Posts
Preference still goes to candidates living two hours or more away. I agree that the distance limits some member recruitment, but it works best for our group setup. Aerials are provided once the applicant gets past the initial phone call Q&A to demonstrate they are a serious candidate. I stopped posting maps after hearing about a theft ring that trolled hunting lease ads to target campsites and equipment sheds.
Good call. I would definitely not post an aerial of a 3400 acre lease in Bates County where it is known that none of the members is within a 2 hour drive. Easy pickins for a thief or trespasser.

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Hope this thread doesn't turn into the runaway train that the other did. Good luck!!!

·
Under appreciated
89,807 Posts
Good call. I would definitely not post an aerial of a 3400 acre lease in Bates County where it is known that none of the members is within a 2 hour drive. Easy pickins for a thief or trespasser.
The property is tended to by an on-site farmer who lives there and actively works the farm.

·
Banned
66,383 Posts
The property is tended to by an on-site farmer who lives there and actively works the farm.
Probably a lot easier to over pressure deer on 3400 acres than it would be for 1 farmer to protect that much ground amd equipment from the Bates county tweakers.....:D:D:D

·
Recovering Huntaholic
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Probably a lot easier to over pressure deer on 3400 acres than it would be for 1 farmer to protect that much ground amd equipment from the Bates county tweakers.....:D:D:D
This is an extended farming family. The landowners and their adult kids live there and work it daily. They also don't deer or turkey hunt. All these factors were key in my decision to lease the ground.

·
just a no body
14,792 Posts
This is an extended farming family. The landowners and their adult kids live there and work it daily. They also don't deer or turkey hunt. All these factors were key in my decision to lease the ground.
there is a family in Cooper county much the same..boggles my mind but they would let me Turkey hunt all I wanted..problem was they let everyone else as well. even with their thousands of acres it became an issue and they said F it and leased it out to some bunch with membership etc.

·
Banned
2,351 Posts
I know that spot you are talking about beanpile. Some group out of Springfield leased it for over $30k per year. And now none of the locals get to hunt it

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.