Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
141 - 153 of 153 Posts

·
Under appreciated
92,533 Posts
How is this even a debate? The bigger buck is the buck with the most antler. The highest scoring buck has the highest score. They are not the same thing. 8 pages of this nonsense?
Amazing isnt it?

·
Under appreciated
92,533 Posts
No, I thought that at first with the Jimmy King buck, but it is clear as day that time in question does not come off anywhere near the middle of the beam.
I always thought Jimmy King was an odd name for a deer. I do think Milo has a ring to it though.

·
Part-time malcontent
8,153 Posts
Too bad they don't seem to keep a list of the highest gross scoring bucks of all time(no deductions). I'd be interested in that list, if it exists, I have not found it.
I would think they should have a number of records on spreadsheet by now, they could probably sort that list out by any number of stats if so. That would be interesting. I think Damery buck has been touted as the highest grossing typical, but it has a lot of deductions.

·
Super Moderator
26,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
I would think they should have a number of records on spreadsheet by now, they could probably sort that list out by any number of stats if so. That would be interesting. I think Damery buck has been touted as the highest grossing typical, but it has a lot of deductions.
if memory serves me the Damery buck was 30" beams and 30" spread????

·
Super Moderator
26,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 ·
What sets the Damery buck apart from perhaps all others is the incredible combination of inside spread (28 3/8 inches) and main beams (32 4/8 and 32 0/8 inches). The spread is one of the widest of any record buck, and the beams certainly are among the longest. To have both amazing features on one rack is perhaps unheard of, even among world-class deer.

·
Super Moderator
26,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·

I've long felt that Illinois is one of the top picks for a potential world-record typical, and Brian Damery's buck only reinforces that notion. In the record book, there still are fewer than a dozen confirmed 200-inch net typical whitetails, and Illinois has to its credit two of them. Mel Johnson's 204 4/8-point Pope and Young world record by bow (shot in 1965) further proves the state's potential for growing great typicals. And, for all we know, an even bigger one still could be walking somewhere in the Prairie State!

·
Under appreciated
92,533 Posts
Took three shots and was killed with a shotgun… not a bow or anything.

·
Under appreciated
92,533 Posts
fun subject…so what do you name your deer if it’s a record? Would you use a feature of the rack, county/area, your last name…
I just dont name deer. I always thought it was kind of corny, a TV hunter type thing but to each his own.

Its usually the ten, or the shooter 8 or whatever I refer to them as during the year.

If it were a record buck that I killed, I suppose someone would refer to it as my last name.

I think maybe your sarcasm detector is low on batteries. :D

141 - 153 of 153 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.