Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
121 - 140 of 153 Posts

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
71,914 Posts
a journalist that didnt know what they are talkig about, hard to believe!
I've seen people post on MWT who didn't know what they are talking about too....... :whistle:

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
71,914 Posts
we know, you yourself stated the Hole in the horn was bigger than the MM...false!
It actually is bigger, it just doesn't have as high a score.... The HITH buck actually has more inches of antler, before deductions, making it bigger, but not higher scoring.... Stop, take a few breaths and think about it. Which rack is bigger? The one with more inches of antler, or the one with less inches of antler? :D

·
Under appreciated
90,816 Posts
Highest Scored Rat..... :whistle: :cool:🦌🦌
Exactly. There is absolutely no way to know whether there was ever a bigger buck that just was never found. You would have to believe that EVERY deadhead is ALWAYS found to believe that.

·
Under appreciated
90,816 Posts
It actually is bigger, it just doesn't have as high a score.... The HITH buck actually has more inches of antler, before deductions, making it bigger, but not higher scoring.... Stop, take a few breaths and think about it. Which rack is bigger? The one with more inches of antler, or the one with less inches of antler? :D
Exactly.

Again, there is a way to tell which one is bigger.

Reactions: callaojoe

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
71,914 Posts
Exactly. There is absolutely no way to know whether there was ever a bigger buck that just was never found. You would have to believe that EVERY deadhead is ALWAYS found to believe that.
Or, that deer back in the 16, 17 & 1800's and earlier didn't grow big racks......

Who knows what sort of racks existed on the deer herd that existed before the white man was here. Recording rack sizes is a relatively recent phenomenon......

Back in the old days, people didn't have to measure shiit to feel good about themselves..... :D

Reactions: rat

·
Registered
24,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
The one with the higher netting score! You don’t have to like it, but you do have to accept the truth!!!

·
Under appreciated
90,816 Posts
Bigger is higher grossing.
Bigger for the books is highest net.

As I choose not to spend my life in the bedroom wanking to some record book like some people, highest gross score is bigger.

·
Registered
24,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
Bigger is higher grossing.
Bigger for the books is highest net.

As I choose not to spend my life in the bedroom wanking to some record book like some people, highest gross score is bigger.
You bending the rules or slighting the process doesn’t make it so!
Heck the Jimmy King bucks would be the World Record typical by you process or throwing the rules and standards out!

·
Registered
24,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
Carry on, let’s pick this subject up again when the Texas buck get labeled the WR NT by B$C

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
71,914 Posts
It sounds to me, like 20's had a few major deductions himself these days. :D

·
Under appreciated
90,816 Posts
You bending the rules or slighting the process doesn’t make it so!
Heck the Jimmy King bucks would be the World Record typical by you process or throwing the rules and standards out!
Who said I am bending any rules? I'm not suggesting that this be an official measuring method so nothing would change about the world record or anything. I dont think displacement should be an official method and I've indicated why.

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
71,914 Posts
Who said I am bending any rules? I'm not suggesting that this be an official measuring method so nothing would change about the world record or anything. I dont think displacement should be an official method and I've indicated why.
20 don't seem to understand, that highest scoring B&C does not necessarily mean biggest..... And, in the case of the MM vs HITH bucks.... this would be true. MM is highest scoring, and world #1 B&C NT. But, it's not the largest rack ever... Probably not even close. :D

·
Under appreciated
90,816 Posts
20 don't seem to understand, that highest scoring B&C does not necessarily mean biggest..... And, in the case of the MM vs HITH bucks.... this would be true. MM is highest scoring, and world #1 B&C NT. But, it's not the largest rack ever... Probably not even close. :D
You are blaspheming his sacred bible you know.

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
71,914 Posts

·
Registered
18,708 Posts
Take the Brian Damery buck as opposed to the Milo Hansen buck.

I saw both of them at BP (side by side) when they were on tour and the Damery buck blew the Hansen buck out of the water on the eye test.

That buck was on another level....231 1/8 gross typical

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
71,914 Posts
Take the Brian Damery buck as opposed to the Milo Hansen buck.

I saw both of them at BP (side by side) when they were on tour and the Damery buck blew the Hansen buck out of the water on the eye test.

That buck was on another level.
Seems like there have been a lot of "politics" around keeping Hansen #1.......

·
Part-time malcontent
7,743 Posts
Seems like there have been a lot of "politics" around keeping Hansen #1.......
There have, but not with the Damery buck. Now, the Johnny King buck on the other hand….

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
71,914 Posts
There have, but not with the Damery buck. Now, the Johnny King buck on the other hand….
Too bad they don't seem to keep a list of the highest gross scoring bucks of all time(no deductions). I'd be interested in that list, if it exists, I have not found it.

121 - 140 of 153 Posts