Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
101 - 120 of 153 Posts

·
Part-time malcontent
7,743 Posts
Yes, but I lead no one to believe I would share what I know... maybe I piqued your interest, but I wont share it on a public forum.
Then why say anything at all about it?

·
Under appreciated
90,816 Posts
I just laughed out loud when I read this.
Double troubles left shed went 26 ounces. Fluid ounces that is. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I rigged up a pan and a drain and a way to catch the run off so I could estimate how much liquid plastic I would need to do these replicas.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Guess I may to patent my methods and start my own scoring club... H&H Trophy records.... (Heyde & H2O)
The best way to do it would be volumetrically.

I'm not at all saying that it should be the method of scoring bucks but if you truly want to know how much more bone one vs the other thats the only accurate way.

·
Under appreciated
90,816 Posts
I never said I had a story to tell, I just said that story is the way the folks in charge want the info out there.

Yes, but I lead no one to believe I would share what I know... maybe I piqued your interest, but I wont share it on a public forum.
Doesnt have a story to tell but wont share what he knows.

Yep, that makes total sense.

Goofball alert :D

Reactions: Pulleye16 and 421sd

·
13,444 Posts
Doesnt have a story to tell but wont share what he knows.

Yep, that makes total sense.

Goofball alert :D
RAT Some things nevah change . You have nevah figured that for sure. You bring my name into posts where I have not commented, reminicing of old more conflicted times. You want me to post then ask why I post here. Its all for you, my love, all for you.

·
Under appreciated
90,816 Posts
Hahahah… wont address the hypocrosy, only some psychobabble About reminiscing about old conflicts and such.

I didn’t reminisce at all, just pointed out your double-speak

·
13,444 Posts
You are correct as always...at least in you mind..go hide behind your wifes apron...

·
Under appreciated
90,816 Posts
Its not hard to be correct where you are concerned. Pretty easy to see through.

·
5,088 Posts
The best way to do it would be volumetrically.

I'm not at all saying that it should be the method of scoring bucks but if you truly want to know how much more bone one vs the other thats the only accurate way.
I agree 100%. Water displacement would be a true measure of bone.

I saw an 8 pointer this year that probably went close to 6 1/2” on all circumference measurements. He will score great as an 8. But where he gets no credit is the tines were probably 6” in circumference most of the way up too. A true mass freak.

·
Under appreciated
90,816 Posts
I agree 100%. Water displacement would be a true measure of bone.

I saw an 8 pointer this year that probably went close to 6 1/2” on all circumference measurements. He will score great as an 8. But where he gets no credit is the tines were probably 6” in circumference most of the way up too. A true mass freak.
And before 20 fills his kimbies again, let me once again state that I am not recommending that the current way of measuring be done away with. We all know how measurements stack up and we can instantly tell what kind of buck is being talked about when we hear a score. Its a good system.

But when there is some long-standing dispute, it could be solved pretty easily, although that probably still wouldn’t satisfy some folks.

One thing that displacement wouldn’t account for is the spread credit… although the mains usually have more bone as the spread increases, which would ultimately be measured by displacement. But yea, spread wouldn’t be accounted for in total.

·
5,088 Posts
And before 20 fills his kimbies again, let me once again state that I am not recommending that the current way of measuring be done away with. We all know how measurements stack up and we can instantly tell what kind of buck is being talked about when we hear a score. Its a good system.

But when there is some long-standing dispute, it could be solved pretty easily, although that probably still wouldn’t satisfy some folks.

One thing that displacement wouldn’t account for is the spread credit… although the mains usually have more bone as the spread increases, which would ultimately be measured by displacement. But yea, spread wouldn’t be accounted for in total.
To me the gross score says HITH is bigger than the MM. But is 3”-4” a lot on 340?
Fluid ounces would be interesting to see on both. How far apart are they?

·
Part-time malcontent
7,743 Posts

I get your point on the volume. I remember reading about several different systems of measurement back in the 80s, one of them was volume by water dipping. Just not a sexy measure for most, and it’s a little tricky to do accurately.
The beauty and nuance of each individual rack in terms of width, mass, tine length and other character are not accounted for with the volume method.
Maybe it’s best as an additional measure to other methods than as a stand-alone number?

·
Part-time malcontent
7,743 Posts
the monarch died of natural causes🤥:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
EDIT: SKdude is trying to take all the credit for ‘the rest of the story’ but beaver boy implied as much or more.

·
13,444 Posts
His lower jaw almost non - existent

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
71,914 Posts
To me the gross score says HITH is bigger than the MM. But is 3”-4” a lot on 340?
Fluid ounces would be interesting to see on both. How far apart are they?
IMHO... You can look at pics of HITH & MM side by side, and I will say HITH looks like a bigger buck.

What people confuse is this. One deer has a higher score, and one buck is BIGGER. BIGGER does not necessarily mean Higher Scoring.

I killed two nice bucks in 2015. The archery buck, because he had 11 scorable points, would probably score within a few inches of the 8 point I killed with rifle.

Now, if you saw a pic of them side by side... The 8 point makes the 11 point look like a dink, even though the scores are not going to be that far off.

So, when a person says a buck is the largest buck ever, based solely on the B&C score, that is nonsense.

Reactions: thwackaddict

·
Registered
24,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
IMHO... You can look at pics of HITH & MM side by side, and I will say HITH looks like a bigger buck.

What people confuse is this. One deer has a higher score, and one buck is BIGGER. BIGGER does not necessarily mean Higher Scoring.

I killed two nice bucks in 2015. The archery buck, because he had 11 scorable points, would probably score within a few inches of the 8 point I killed with rifle.

Now, if you saw a pic of them side by side... The 8 point makes the 11 point look like a dink, even though the scores are not going to be that far off.

So, when a person says a buck is the largest buck ever, based solely on the B&C score, that is nonsense.
By the BC scoring system the Missouri Monarch is the largest scoring buck ever, period, no debate!

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
71,914 Posts
By the BC scoring system the Missouri Monarch is the largest scoring buck ever, period, no debate!
Yes, that is correct.... But, it's not the biggest racked buck ever, that's all I've been trying to say.

By one scoring system, yes it's top dog..... B&C is what it is, you can love it or hate it. But, it's the most widely recognized system we have.

Personally, I'd like to see a system where you could also see the BIGGEST bucks of all time, regardless of some scoring system.

Which ones grew the most bone period.... I think that's all any of us have been saying.

·
Under appreciated
90,816 Posts
In case you didnt know, its also the biggest whitetail to ever walk the earth, even though we have no way of knowing that.

Maybe the biggest recorded.

·
Registered
24,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
In case you didnt know, its also the biggest whitetail to ever walk the earth, even though we have no way of knowing that.

a journalist that didnt know what they are talkig about, hard to believe!

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
71,914 Posts

Highest Scored Rat..... :whistle: :cool:🦌🦌

• Haha
Reactions: 421sd
101 - 120 of 153 Posts