Registered
17,097 Posts
Originally posted by MoneyMaker
and the middle zone duck season is finally over:woot::woot::woot::woot:
Why do you care... Your trying to sell all your crap anyway..:pop:

·
Registered
19,796 Posts
ive got to say......i've killed 2 ducks, shot at maybe 3 more, but this is one of THE BEST seasons i've had !!! met many new friends, huntin buddies, off this site, and really lookin forward to the new year, all different kinds of hunting and adventures! you see, i dont gauge my season on the number of dead ducks, the time spent with friends FAAAAAAR outweighs any number of ducks i could have gotten. i realize all the "losers", "non-winners", say stuff like that, but if that makes me a loser, it aint so bad "losin"! i'm certain next year will bring more kills, and if not, i plan on havin just as good a time as i've has this season!
i guess most importantly, i've gotten to spend more time with my son, and to me, thats PRICELESS !!
THANKS to all we've gotten together with, and INVITED US BACK, you're all TOP SHELF !! :claphands::claphands::claphands:

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Knockemdeadd,
Thats what the term "Hunting" is all about !!:rock: It's not called "killing" !!:shrug:
I also have had My best year of hunting !! The time spent with My Son & Good Friends !!
You are right that next year should be even better !! We'll be doing more & be better equipped to do it !! We keep gaining more hunting ground & will also get it setup better !!
I think We "WIN" !!
Cat

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
This has been my worst season to date. Bad weather, tough hunts, and low results. Heck, we'll be lucky to kill 500 ducks this year.

I'm not ready to start crying or selling all my gear though. It's just a part of the game. The bad years make the good ones that much more enjoyable.

Even in a bad year, I can't think of anything else I'd rather be doing.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Well al, i think ill agree. I have shot a handful of limits this year, but i havn't seen near the number of birds this year as past. The birds also havn't responded to calls worth a deuce this year either!!:whinging:

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
I'd rather go killing than hunting any day of the week! :rof2:

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Killing would be better,but Hunting is just fine !! This is My 1st year duck hunting & I've gotten out very little. I work from 56 to 69 hours a week,so just getting out is great !!
Cat

·
Registered
17,011 Posts
Originally posted by Original Al
This has been my worst season to date. Bad weather, tough hunts, and low results. Heck, we'll be lucky to kill 500 ducks this year.

I'm not ready to start crying or selling all my gear though. It's just a part of the game. The bad years make the good ones that much more enjoyable.

Even in a bad year, I can't think of anything else I'd rather be doing.
worst year i can remember, have killed ducks but the numbers just weren't here. heck 99% of the ducks i killed were mallets. usually having to beat the grey ducks off of us and bunches of divers which neither showed up this year.

mm, your season was over before the middle zone even began.:hysterical:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts