Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
I have never seen one. I have seen a couple 16-17 inch fish that weighed 2.5 to 2.75. So, I'm guessing 17-18 inches would be about right.

·
5,631 Posts
I caught a 15.5 years back that weighed in the neighborhood of 2lbs so I'd say caf4 is right.

·
6,643 Posts
17-19" would be about right. My Dad has one on the wall that was 3 lb 2 oz and right at 18.5". Anyone see that article in the May 2005 issue of MO Conservationist of the lady from Columbia with 6 slabs? The 5 biggest ranged from 17-19" and the biggest weighing 4 1/2 lbs!! In the pic they look HUGE!! Said they caught them off minnows and yellow jigs, but wouldn't disclose the location. She did say it was a public lake in north-central MO in the summer so I am thinking maybe Hazel Creek in Kirksville. I will try to scan the pic when I get back from Tennessee next week.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
well there kinda like women some are short some are really long

·
Registered
18,763 Posts
My grandfather has one on the wall that is around 18 1/2 I think and weighed 4.3 pounds....I think it would all depend on the individual fish, full of eggs or not, etc...

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I took a 3lb 4oz crappie 2 years ago that was 17 1/4 inches long. It is on my wall here. It is the only one I have ever caught that big. Good luck and God Bless. Norm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.