3 lber.

Discussion in 'Fishing General' started by Crappie, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Crappie

Crappie Slab Master

How long is a 3 lb. crappie?

2. caf4

caf4 Active Member

Feb 26, 2004
    St. Charles, MO
    I have never seen one. I have seen a couple 16-17 inch fish that weighed 2.5 to 2.75. So, I'm guessing 17-18 inches would be about right.

3. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    It's the same size as my wifes large skillet.

4. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    I caught a 15.5 years back that weighed in the neighborhood of 2lbs so I'd say caf4 is right.

5. mikeak

mikeak Member

This is a trick quest. Everyone knows a crappie that big continues to grow long after its been ate.:D
    Mike

6. kc704

kc704 Senior Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Missouri
    17-19" would be about right. My Dad has one on the wall that was 3 lb 2 oz and right at 18.5". Anyone see that article in the May 2005 issue of MO Conservationist of the lady from Columbia with 6 slabs? The 5 biggest ranged from 17-19" and the biggest weighing 4 1/2 lbs!! In the pic they look HUGE!! Said they caught them off minnows and yellow jigs, but wouldn't disclose the location. She did say it was a public lake in north-central MO in the summer so I am thinking maybe Hazel Creek in Kirksville. I will try to scan the pic when I get back from Tennessee next week.

7. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    well there kinda like women some are short some are really long

8. Hoytshooter

Hoytshooter Active Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    My grandfather has one on the wall that is around 18 1/2 I think and weighed 4.3 pounds....I think it would all depend on the individual fish, full of eggs or not, etc...

9. GimpHunter

GimpHunter New Member

Oct 4, 2003
    Tamms, Illinois
    I took a 3lb 4oz crappie 2 years ago that was 17 1/4 inches long. It is on my wall here. It is the only one I have ever caught that big. Good luck and God Bless. Norm

10. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    'Bouts 17.5-18 inches from what I've seen. :cheers:

Parker