Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unlike Fishy I wasn't being attacked.........but here is my story!

Well I have been wanting to put at least one or two more in the freezer because I haven't bought beef in 2 years and I wasn't about to start. So I brought out the Silver Beauty and was hoping the deer were doing the same thing they did last weekend.

Got set up in a brush pile along a cut bean field that I saw 18 deer in throughout last saturday. Wasn't long til a flock of 40+ turkeys shows up from the east. Watched them feed towards me before going back into the woods. Then had 3 deer cross the field 500 yards north. Another flock of birds shows up from the east and works their way across. They all gang up and come back out! Pretty neat watching 70+ turkeys feeding in front of you and listening to their vocalizations.

Then I catch movement and see a deer walking through the woods coming towards the field, a few minutes later there were 7 200 yards. Picked out the biggest and shot.....deer scattered and one came running right at me, dropped her at 95 yards.

Send lungbuster the AOIH!! text and gather my stuff to investigate the first shot. Step 10 yards into the field and see deer walking out about 400 yards to the north so I dropped and crawled back into the woods! Put the ninja sneak on and moved up a couple hundred yards and crawl to a spot for investigation. 185 yards......picked out the biggest of the group and dropped her where she stood.

Crazy thing was after I shot the 3rd one the other 3 scattered then came back out 30 seconds later to start feeding again!

Going to fill my freezer and donate the rest to a co-worker and a neighbor! Time to pick up the bow again and go for another one......

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
:woot::2thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
:2thumbsup: venison venison

·
Confirmed Bachelor
10,482 Posts
Good job Whit!!!! Granted, I'm sure you were pretty busy getting those field dressed and cut up. :D

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by Heeler75
Good job Whit!!!! Granted, I'm sure you were pretty busy getting those field dressed and cut up. :D
Amen....nothing like field dressing 3 deer, let alone, 1 deer in 10 degree weather! But there is something about eating meat you have butchered yourself!

·
King of Callaway
42,638 Posts
:woot: Lotta work cutting up three frozen deer ain't it :claphands:

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by fishshooter
Luckily my buddy who is about a 20 minute drive from my lease let me put them in his garage so they don't freeze before getting em worked up!

·
King of Callaway
42,638 Posts
Originally posted by Whitmore44
Luckily my buddy who is about a 20 minute drive from my lease let me put them in his garage so they don't freeze before getting em worked up!
Cheater :rof2:

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by Whitmore44
Cheater :rof2:
"I'm a winner.....winners do what they want!"

·
Under appreciated
88,251 Posts
Congrats whitmore. :bowing:

·
Registered
6,049 Posts
congrats:kewlpics:

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
:whistle:Competition with Ole LB hey.:whistle::cheers:

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Congrats Whit!!!:woot::woot::woot:

GREAT PIC by the way!!!

The old saying goes "happiness is a warm gut pile".....

NO...It's "happiness is THREE warm gut piles.

When I was guttin someones deer Saturday night I laid my knife down for a second and when I picked it up it stuck to my hand.Kinda like the tounge on the light pole deal.

Congrats again!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts