Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CMMG near Fayette is having a 3 gun match this weekend...Anybody going??? I'll add more details tonite from home, don't have the specifics here at work. I believe I'll be watching the weather...I'll shoot in the snow and cold, but heck with it if it rains!!!! Big range bag full of boolits, mags, spare pistola, etc.....Believe I'll stay where it's dry!!!!!:wave:

Link to info...

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=32&t=390720

·
Super Moderator
7,792 Posts
:thinking: I need more info....

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
What is a 3 gun match?

BTH

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[rquote=1595152&tid=110635&author=BigPunkus]my guess would be a contest were you use three guns maybe?[/rquote]

DING, DING, DING...lol

Pistola, rifle, shotgun!!!

I'd be using the Wilson 1911, AR15, and 1187 12ga.:cheers::wave:

Ginger, I will post up registration time from home, unless someone comes up with it sooner!!!!:2thumbsup:

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
So what distance for the pistol, rifle?

BTH

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
Come on detail master! lol! We need details!!

I have researched it and it sounds like fun. I don't know if I have the proper equipment though. I am lacking in the pistol area and the rifle also. Don't want to shoot my 223 as I only have FMJ ammo and I am not going to purchase more to shoot for fun. I could shoot my 270 but not sure of the realistics of that. The 30-378 will be over kill. I have many shotguns that will fit the bill, so that is no an issue.

Please advise.

thanks!

BTH

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
[rquote=1596019&tid=110635&author=FiremanBrad]My source for info is AR15.com......Here's a link to the thread over there, with lots of questions and answers!!!

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=32&t=390720[/rquote]

That's as clear as mud to me!:rof2:

what do they mean by no steel ammo? Can I shoot FMJ out of my 223?

BTH

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yea, read further in the thread, FMJ is good to go....That's what I'll be shooting. :cheers::wave:

Sounds like around 150yds for rifle, give or take.
Pistol shots can be from a few yards up to 40-50? Depends on how ornery the rangemasters want to be!!!
I can't imagine shotgun being too far out, most shoot birdshot and modified choke, sounds like? Most will be still targets.

I've never shot a 3 gun, but have hit a few pistol matches....I hope the weather cooperates!!!:cheers::wave:

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
I am pistol poor. Only thing I have that will be any kind of accurate at range is a Police model 38 special. I don't have a 1911 or a Glock with 5 mags and what not. Don't have anyone I could borrow one from either that lives close.

Have fun doubt I make it since the pistol area will be my limiting factor.

Hope it doesn't rain on ya! Make sure to let us know how it goes.

BTH

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Heck if nothing else, come watch a stage or two!!! Hopefully I won't embarrass meself too bad!!!:cheers::wave:

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
I may do that. What time you planning to show up. I would like to watch and see how everything is done.

I will call ya Sunday morning if I'm gonna make it.

BTH

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yea, call me, cuz if it's rainin, I ain't shootin....lol!!!! Just cleaned and oiled all 3, don't wanna git em all wet!!!!!:D:wave:

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
Don't blame ya. If its raining I won't be calling cause I figure you will be sleeping in like me.:D:D:D

Hope the weather holds out for us, I would like to come and see this. How do I get there? Maybe you could meet me at Caseys and I could follow ya.

BTH

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.