Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, I haven`t been able to hunt, and won`t be able to until after Christmas, so I decided to bait to see if a certain buck made it. Well, he did, he`s the 2nd pic saw him in Oct. and passed on a marginal shot. But now I think I have 2 others, but I`m not sure. The first & 3rd pics are the ones I`m referring to. They look like different bucks to me looking at the brows. What do you guys think? Any guesses on score would be great as well.

I`ve been averaging 125 pictures a day of ALL does. The last 2 days, bucks are everywhere, spikes all up on does, and these guys, the 2nd rut is here!!!!

[file]84024[/file] [file]84032[/file]

[file]84026[/file]

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
the first two look the same to me and the third one looks different

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 1st 2 are different, I have more pics of the 2nd one, and I`m sure of that, but until I got to looking close did I notice the 1st and 3rd pics look different. Now that I cropped and re-sized them it`s obvious.

Any guesses on score range, I don`t know the 1st thing about how you guys guess.

·
CROSSBOW HATER!
48,418 Posts
seeing how I think the 1st two are the same I will say possibly high 120's on the and the last pic might go a little higher into the 30's.:cheers:

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
20 you`re going to make me go back and check all my pics.:D Now you REALLY got me messed up. I was certain that the 1st one is a 4x4, and the 2nd I believe the 2nd is a 5x4. You may well be right, it`s been a long day, I`m going through them again. Like I said, I thought the 1st and 3rd were the same first time thru. :D

·
CROSSBOW HATER!
48,418 Posts
[rquote=1508303&tid=105186&author=bowrookie]20 you`re going to make me go back and check all my pics.:D Now you REALLY got me messed up. I was certain that the 1st one is a 4x4, and the 2nd I believe the 2nd is a 5x4. You may well be right, it`s been a long day, I`m going through them again. Like I said, I thought the 1st and 3rd were the same first time thru. :D[/rquote]

either way, they will great bowkills to help your confidence (assuming you are a bowrookie).

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
the 1st one is a nine

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[rquote=1508310&tid=105186&author=20 feet high][rquote=1508303&tid=105186&author=bowrookie]20 you`re going to make me go back and check all my pics.:D Now you REALLY got me messed up. I was certain that the 1st one is a 4x4, and the 2nd I believe the 2nd is a 5x4. You may well be right, it`s been a long day, I`m going through them again. Like I said, I thought the 1st and 3rd were the same first time thru. :D[/rquote]

either way, they will great bowkills to help your confidence (assuming you are a bowrookie).[/rquote]

I`m a rookie, as in this is my 1st year. I took 2 does with a bow in October, but have yet to take a buck with one. And BTW, I`m beginning to think you`re right after reviewing more pics. Darn you guys are good!

I`m swapping cards tomorrow hoping to verify. Do you see 9 points on the first one?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[rquote=1508320&tid=105186&author=cardiackiller]the 1st one is a nine[/rquote]

Thanks guys, you know my deer better than me:hysterical: The 1st and 2nd are the same.

·
CROSSBOW HATER!
48,418 Posts
[rquote=1508324&tid=105186&author=bowrookie][rquote=1508310&tid=105186&author=20 feet high][rquote=1508303&tid=105186&author=bowrookie]20 you`re going to make me go back and check all my pics.:D Now you REALLY got me messed up. I was certain that the 1st one is a 4x4, and the 2nd I believe the 2nd is a 5x4. You may well be right, it`s been a long day, I`m going through them again. Like I said, I thought the 1st and 3rd were the same first time thru. :D[/rquote]

either way, they will great bowkills to help your confidence (assuming you are a bowrookie).[/rquote]

I`m a rookie, as in this is my 1st year. I took 2 does with a bow in October, but have yet to take a buck with one. And BTW, I`m beginning to think you`re right after reviewing more pics. Darn you guys are good!

I`m swapping cards tomorrow hoping to verify. Do you see 9 points on the first one? [/rquote]

yep, I see 9. congrats on those bowkills, well done!!!! I am no doubt trying to kill 3.5 year old bucks and bigger but I killed a bunch of 2.5 year olds before taking the step and a very few forky's. My point is it is late season and for me bow kills equal confidence boosters!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
20 I can`t see not taking one of these if the opportunity presents itself. Lots of poaching neighbors, and only 60 acres, I was shocked they made it. Not to mention, I`d be dang proud to do it with a bow.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
yep 9

yep a nine go get em!
good luck:wave:

[file]84061[/file]

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
cardiackiller
Thanks, shows what I know. Man some of these spikes are crazy long, should have good hunting for years to come. Folks have 60+ acres I come and go as I please, hang cams, whatever, and I don`t pay them a dime. They want 500sf of laminate flooring put in, and I said I`m doing it for hunting here. They said you`re hunting here AND we are paying you! I`ll try not to take it, don`t know if it`ll fly. 10 minutes from the house.

·
CROSSBOW HATER!
48,418 Posts
[rquote=1508345&tid=105186&author=bowrookie]20 I can`t see not taking one of these if the opportunity presents itself. Lots of poaching neighbors, and only 60 acres, I was shocked they made it. Not to mention, I`d be dang proud to do it with a bow.[/rquote]

oh absolutely!!! I was saying if what you consider a marginal one saunters by...clip him and keep building that confidence or if the the herd can handle it those does are just as hard to skewer!!!! Those are both really good deer, especiall in mid december.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I need to get dressed up in my bulky clothes, and start shooting in the yard again, that`s my concern right now. I haven`t picked up the bow since before firearms season, and been too busy to hunt since.
It`s colder now than it was then, definitely need to get used to shooting dressed heavily. As far as the does, the herd can surely handle one more, and I`ll settle for one more if I can`t take one of these fellas.

·
CROSSBOW HATER!
48,418 Posts
[rquote=1508374&tid=105186&author=bowrookie]I need to get dressed up in my bulky clothes, and start shooting in the yard again, that`s my concern right now. I haven`t picked up the bow since before firearms season, and been too busy to hunt since.
It`s colder now than it was then, definitely need to get used to shooting dressed heavily. As far as the does, the herd can surely handle one more, and I`ll settle for one more if I can`t take one of these fellas.[/rquote]

for a bowrookie you surely have been reading and listening to people. great paln shooting in the heavier clothes.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts