Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being a certified U.S. AAU coach I know that getting coaching from an athlete, whether pro or not is not what I need. I need a coach that archery hunts and shoots 3-D, that knows HOW to coach. If anyone has any recommendations please let me know. My objective is to not only hunt with the utmost confidence but to be competitive, not only compete at 3-D shoots. BTW folks, I do not believe in the just get out there and shoot method, I want to get better and have consistent coaching by someone that would know my strenghts and weaknesses as I progress. Thanks for any advice you may have, whether I like it or not!
:cheers:

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
For starters, I would go to your local bowshop, let those guys help get ya started...Then, go to all the shoots ya can...just like your handgun advice, muscle memory will sure help ya in the long run...There are also tons of books out there to help also. As far as a fulltime coach, I would have no idea....Good luck!!!

·
Registered
38,393 Posts

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
47,296 Posts
There's a good book by Larry Wise called Core Archery. You can get it at Mike's in O'Fallon.

If you find a good coach, maybe he/she could teach two at one time. Hint hint.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will let you know folks! Still looking though! I may have to drive to get the coaching however...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.