Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, nobody answered the second part of my question and that was how many people go to the effort to have their bucks scored and listed. I am new to here but have seen several P&Y's this year and I have another on the wall that I never did anything with. So do most like to fly under the radar or will they join the club?

·
Jenny's Lackey
46,698 Posts
I've got 3 that would make book. Have no desire to join a club. Maybe if I kill something that will make the top 100, but a 140-150" buck is pretty common in MO.

·
Jenny's Lackey
46,698 Posts
Originally posted by DexDoolittle
So what will make the top 100?
I have no clue. I know I've never killed anything that would even get close though. Fireman should be able to tell us.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I read the article about Missouri's rank and all and it got me thinking how many are out there that nobody knows about. I don't know many but, I do know of several that are not in any book.

·
Registered
17,011 Posts
got 5 that would go pope and young and could care leass about a book.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
B&C
typical = 160
non-typical = 180

P&Y
typical = 125
non typical = 155
You have to sign a fair-chase statement & in some cases take a lie detector

·
Registered
23,530 Posts
Originally posted by Mojorisin
B&C
typical = 160
non-typical = 180
I believe those are for entry into their 3 year awards program, I think it's 170 typical and 195 non-typical for entry into the all time record book.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Originally posted by Modeerhunter
Originally posted by Mojorisin
B&C
typical = 160
non-typical = 180
I believe those are for entry into their 3 year awards program, I think it's 170 typical and 195 non-typical for entry into the all time record book.
Yeah, youe right.
Trophies that meet the Awards minimum but not the All-Time minimum will be listed in the Awards book. Trophies that meet the All-Time minimum will be listed in both the Awards book, as well as "Records of North American Big Game."

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Ok, nobody answered the second part of my question and that was how many people go to the effort to have their bucks scored and listed. I am new to here but have seen several P&Y's this year and I have another on the wall that I never did anything with. So do most like to fly under the radar or will they join the club?
To answer the original question,Im new here too & I Thought I had a Booner in 2002, but somehow he lost 20" in the drying peroid while the rack was at the taxidermist ??? He still made show me big bucks though.

·
Senior Hunter
3,307 Posts
Same for me what everyone else said. But I MIGHT consider entering a B&C buck because a 170 is more rare. 140-150 is pretty common.

·
Great White Buffalo @*%!
10,146 Posts
Same here I have 2 that are officailly scored over 140, but I didn't enter them in the P&Y book. Having my name in a book isn't why I hunt.

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
69,865 Posts
I don't care about "official" numbers on a deer.......:bored:

He's either a good one, or he's not......:D

·
Registered
38,389 Posts
Of the deer I measure, and that qualify for a book, I'd say half, give or take, enter thier deer into that book...

These Record keeping organizations were formed to prove that hunting is a conservation effort....It is thier fault you get to hunt today!!! In my opinion, you should ALL be supporting them!!!! I'd be willing to bet that if it weren't for the Pope and Young Club, we wouldn't be shootin arrahs at critters these days!!!! I pay my dues, and if I ever kill something big enuff, I'll pay to enter it as well.:cheers:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts