Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a 22 gathering some dust that they would like to get rid of?

I'm not looking to spend a ton of money. It can be a beater as long as it shoots OK. I don't need a project.

And if you read this, might as well get an opinion on some Cabela's has on sale. They have a 22 LR Marlin 795 synthetic stock for $100.

I may end up trying rabbit hunting with a 22 pistol. I certainly won't have to clean any if I go that route.

·
Registered
17,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump for the day crowd.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
46,924 Posts
You may want to look at their used gun rack too. I can have Squid Hunter look for you if you'd like.

·
Registered
17,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guess we will see how this thread goes Gary. :cheers:

And actually, I might enjoy rabbit hunting with a pistol. I don't care to clean and eat many, so it might be right up my ally.

·
Baller, shot caller
11,063 Posts
Last time I was at Cabelas, they had that same .22 on sale. I saw guys walking out of there with 3 of 'em. I thought I'd buy one but they were all sold out.

·
Registered
17,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tell me more hun10. I'm not super well versed in guns, so I don't really know what a 10/22 is.

Also, you aren't on the St. Louie side of the state, are you?

·
Registered
17,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[rquote=1486994&tid=103864&author=cummins5.9]Last time I was at Cabelas, they had that same .22 on sale. I saw guys walking out of there with 3 of 'em. I thought I'd buy one but they were all sold out.[/rquote]

I do have about $140 worth of Cabela's points. :thinking:

·
Registered
13,245 Posts
Bass Pro has them on sale for 100 but its 5 hours only on black friday....Good Luck With that.

I know you said you dont want to spend a lot of money, but Bass Pro has a Ruger 10/22 camo stock for 249. I think for the quality of the 10/22 its worth 150 more than the marlin.

·
Registered
17,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Meller. Appreciate it, but yeah, I don't want to spend nearly that much. I was hoping to keep it under 100 clams or less.

·
17,674 Posts
[rquote=1487011&tid=103864&author=HabitatMD]Tell me more hun10. I'm not super well versed in guns, so I don't really know what a 10/22 is.

Also, you aren't on the St. Louie side of the state, are you?[/rquote]

It's a Ruger 10/22 carbine model. Includes a 10 round magazine. This gun has been shot A LOT! But is accurate. I can't post pics cause Im at work, but go to Ruger's website and you can see it and read more on it.

Im in Columbia but I bet we could meet like in Warrenton or something.

G

·
Danno I bought a Savage Mark II about 6-8 years ago from Wal-Mart that was just under $100 that shoots really well you might look into that also

:cheers:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts