.22 rifle wanted

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Roger rodbolt, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Roger rodbolt

Roger rodbolt New Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Moniteau
    I'm in need of a decent .22 semiauto to get a new shooter started. I looked at a new Ruger 10/22 and was totally turned off by the plastic trigger. It wouldn't have to be a 10/22 (my preference) but a used rifle that would function and shoot accurate enough to learn with. I live in St. Charles County but will be in the central MO area next weekend. Thanks!

2. Why not go with one of the Savage Mark II bolt actions? :shrug:

I have one and have been shooting it for about 10 years still as accurate as the day I bought it for $100 dollars new

:cheers:

3. Squid Hunter

Squid Hunter New Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Winfield, MO
    Check out the Marlin Model 60. semi auto and very reliable.

4. Roger rodbolt

Roger rodbolt New Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Moniteau
    Thanks for the advice, I'll check out the Model 60 on Gunbroker as I'm not familiar with it. I agree that a bolt action would be a better trainer but in this case it has to be a semiauto. I'm footing the bill so if I could get a used one or private sale to save a few bucks sales tax that would be helpful.

5. I think that the local Wal-Mart had the Mark II for $137 I think

:cheers:

6. Squid Hunter

Squid Hunter New Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Winfield, MO
    the model 60 is about the same price range and can also be found at Wal-Mart. Cabela's has one with a blue and gray laminate stock with stainless. (if you're into that sort of thing)

7. Squid Hunter

Squid Hunter New Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Winfield, MO
  8. sand_manms

sand_manms New Member

Dec 13, 2005
    South Mississippi
    You can get an aftermarket trigger group for the 10/22.

9. Roger rodbolt

Roger rodbolt New Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Moniteau
    Thanks for your advice, I purchased a Marlin Mdl. 60 at Wally World for $147.00. I could not find a used 10/22 without the plastic trigger and painted metal.

10. Curtis

Curtis Active Member

Mar 1, 2005
    St. Peters, MO
  11. buckwacker181

buckwacker181 # of bans record holder

Oct 9, 2006
    Catawussy
    Don't be turned off by the polymer trigger assembly on the 10/22. They funtion great and are very strong. Model 60s are nice as well. Along with the savage bolt actions.

12. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    i have become a HUGE fan of the ruger 77 bolt 22 for teaching kids because they opperate so much like most rifles

13. sand_manms

sand_manms New Member

Dec 13, 2005
    South Mississippi
    had scope sliding problems on a mdl 60 myself

14. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    had two 60's one that was passed down and accutly shot enough to finally ware it out and never had no scope slideing problems with mine??????:confused:

15. skull stacker

skull stacker Active Member

Sep 3, 2008
    SEMO
    I have a mossberg semiauto from walmart, once you get pass the trigger slack it'll shot pretty good. Gave just over $100 for it. Put a Simmons 22 mag scope and have less than $150 and it will shoot tree rats all day long, and ride on the ranger or sportsman and i don't have to worry about anything happening ot it.