Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
just a no body
14,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
prefer something in a revolver that shoots longs or shorts or both but semis would be considrered ..nothing expensive please. just want to shoot rabbits & plink a bit.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
those ruger semi autos are pretty affordable as well as the browning's.
kinda like wheel guns myself, but in a .22, auto's are a lot of fun.

dino

·
just a no body
14,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've seen a Ruger auto on Gubroker .. the price was resonable but the S&H was obscene then tack on the the fee for the recieving FFL all in all it added a $100 to the package.

I was kinda hopng someone had an old Ruger 22 that they did'nt want anymore.

·
Registered
7,431 Posts
I really like my Walther P22 :2thumbsup:

·
just a no body
14,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thats a looker.. a bit out of the price range tho by about $100..lookn for a cheapie . Stover has their gun show in 2 weeks might see what they got

·
Registered
14,369 Posts
I bet you could pick up one of those used in good shape for what you are looking to spend.

And then when you get one, put a reddot on it. LOTS of fun right there! :cheers:

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
A buddy of mine bought a new SA revolver last summer for about $200, I think it is a heritage arms. I'll see him tomorrow and ask about it. He told me a couple weeks ago he was thinking about selling most of his pistols. It has a 22 and 22mag cylinder and shot pretty dang good when I was messing with it last summer.

·
Under appreciated
88,095 Posts
Originally posted by Son of Mailman
SOM... I was hot after buying one of these last year or before (cant remember) and never did it.

You like it eh? I really wanted one and may get that rascal yet.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Beanpile, I'v owned several Ruger 22's and consider them by far the best availably for the money. They have been around a long time and are easily found on the used market at reasonable prices.

The Heritage revolvers are also a good enough pistol for the money.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
My dad has a Ruger 6 shooter with the 22Mag cylinder extra with a 9.5" barrel, it's a sweet little gun.

·
Registered
32,182 Posts
Originally posted by rat
Originally posted by Son of Mailman
SOM... I was hot after buying one of these last year or before (cant remember) and never did it.

You like it eh? I really wanted one and may get that rascal yet.
I've got one in the 3 in barrel. Sweet little gun. Actually, it's the GF's, but it is in my name. :claphands: Sucker is loud, but it is definalty a shooter. The local gun shop told me that a lot of LEOs buy them and use them to qualify with at the ranges.

·
Under appreciated
88,095 Posts
Cool... thanks reflex. :woot:

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
BP, he hasn't decided if he wants to sell or not. It is a heritage and sells for $190 new (as of last summer). The quality isn't on par w/a Ruger single-six but it is a pretty decent shooter for the price.

·
19,583 Posts
Originally posted by Shrapnel

My dad has a Ruger 6 shooter with the 22Mag cylinder extra with a 9.5" barrel, it's a sweet little gun.
New Model Single-Six? That's what I have, and I LIKE it! :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts