Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a .22 mag bolt action rifle of my dads. He said he had bought it for coyotes, what do you guys think about this caliber for coyotes? good?

·
Biology nit wit exposer
81,172 Posts
It will do the job,,within its range limitations. If your calling the yotes in,,it should work.

:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
6,049 Posts
I have a 22 mag I think is good on **** calling and fox out to 100 , but to light for coyotes @ 100 , better at 75 yards , If you are going to try the 22 mag try Rem 33 gr. ballitic tip or Horday 30 gr. V-max

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As far as my choices for rifles....umm, it is either the .22 LR, .22 mag, .44 mag, or 30-06...

Out to 75 with hundy being max.....HECK, am I supposed to be actually be able to accuratly shoot any farther? I have never shot any animal past 35 yrds. Baby steps for me. :hysterical:

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
:sniper:
That will work fine just bring em in a little more that you would with an AR... I like my 243 because I can work on my distance :2thumbsup:

·
Registered
32 Posts
.22 mag is totaly inadiquate. Shoot the 06 if you have to. It could go 50/50 with the mag and thats two big of a chance. Then you need to ask your self," when the coyotes quarters down wind at 150 instaed of a 100 are you gonna shoot?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts