8,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what can i expect to pay for 22 hornet rounds
i just notice the other day that i have a ruger 22 hornet
and dont have any idea what a box of rounds cost

·
Registered
13,334 Posts
How did you just realize you had a hornet??:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: In all seriousness, i have had good luck with the sellier and bellot 45 grain soft points. They are about the only ones i know of that are in a box of less than 50. They are 20 to a box, and run about 10-13 bucks a box. :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers: Ive got a couple boxes here, if we can figure out a pony express ill send you some up to try before you buy them if you like..:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
8,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the offer chad, but i'll pic some up just to play with

when i got all my dads guns out of the house
i dident pay that much attention to what all he
had and last week i was looking closer at them
and notice that one was a hornet

·
Registered
13,334 Posts
Bought the only grain you will find is 45. Hornandy makes some 35 grain v-maxes for it that should be a shooter. But the 45s ought to do you well. Hornet is a fine little round. Its the only caliber i know of that trajectory shows perfectly flat from 0-100 yards. :wave:

·
Registered
8,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Chad
Its the only caliber i know of that trajectory shows perfectly flat from 0-100 yards. :wave:
wow
i dident know that
how is it after that

i know pop allways said that was about all they used when he was a kid

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I was shooting some Winchester CXP1 45 gr. hollow points the other day & they were not very flat at all about a 4" difference between 50 & 100 yds, but it is old ammo. The price on the box is just under $23 for 50 rds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts