Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it has come to be that i am getting a new toy. dad called last night and a savage model 12 ss fluted barrel with laminate stock made it's way to gunshop and now has my name on it. will go and pick it up within the next couple weeks.:dancin: after salivating from glenn's photo's of destruction and seeing what they can do this year i am pretty pumped about getting my hands on one. here is a pic of the model i am picking up.

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
nice gun and it has the correct ammo in the pic too

·
Under appreciated
92,376 Posts
Nice..:cheers::cheers:

You'll love that accutrigger.. not to mention the 4200 fps.

·
Registered
13,863 Posts
Welcome to the fold! You're gonna like that one, it would be my choice if I were buying another rifle. They seem to shoot very well, at least, according to the fellers over on www.204ruger.com. They can answer any questions you might have (or I can, but I moderate over there:D). If you need anything, just holler, we'll see about rounding up the knowledge to get you going in the right direction with the new toy.

·
Registered
11,987 Posts
Nice!:banana::sniper:

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
SSSuuuuhhhhwwweeettt!! I want one but just can't seem to pull the wallet trigger.

You won't be upset with that purchase...Savage has a great team of marketers that have turned the gun world on it's ear...You don't hear much about the Savage's not being able to shoot, or have a junk stock, or a junk trigger, just that old barrel nut that lets you change barrels without being a gun genious.

I think Savage has a great future until some beaurocrat wants to make a name for themselves...$$$$$

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Wonderin' how long it was going to take you after your last trip out west ;).

Congrat's :cheers:

Betchya can't wait to get it and test it out on some yote's ;).

·
Registered
17,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yep pretty excited to start tinkering. i think i got a pretty good deal on this one as my dad is hooked up with a gunshop owner in kansas. swmo is right, once you see what one of these little bad boys can do it is a matter of time until you will own one. will post some pics as soon as it graces my hands later this month.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.