Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
121 - 140 of 144 Posts

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
73,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
absolutely amazing post!!!!!! no whiny liars spinning the xgun ease!
I really haven't noticed many people on here spinning them to be anything else but what they are. I have yet to kill a deer with an xbow, that I would not have been able to just as easily kill with a compound.... Maybe that happens some day, but since I still shoot deer inside 30 yds, that's doubtfull. Other's may be doing it different than I do, but I still hunt the same, just with a different form of archery.

What I have inferred over years and years of your rants against crossbows, is that it's bringing former gun only hunters out into archery season..... And, if I remember right, that was a stated goal of MDC including them into archery season.

But, this thread was not intended to be a pro vs anti crossbow thread, it as to announce a wonderful competion for people to post their crossbow deers, and have a chance to win some excellent smokes. :D

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
73,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
For some reason I thought it was buck only, here is mine, I have wanted a spotted deer forever and finally got one.
Vertebrate Plant Carnivore Bicycle handlebar Vehicle

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
73,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·

·
King of Callaway
43,225 Posts
This will end up being one of the most heated battles in MWT history...love it!!
I thought I might have a chance, but the first two pictures just blew me out of the water, thinking it's gonna take a matoor squatch to even have a chance!

• Haha
Reactions: callaojoe

·
Former Leader in Warning points!
10,876 Posts
Good crossbow kill picture by an able bodied hunter, sounds like an oxymoron, just saying!
As does “intelligent comment by a crossbow hater”!

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Good crossbow kill picture by an able bodied hunter, sounds like an oxymoron, just saying!
1) Legal
2) Looks like a fun means of hunting.
3) They've been around for 5-6 thousand years

Zero negative affects of x-bow hunting here in Missouri compared to rifle season during the rut. Rifle season during the rut is the meat and potatoes of dinner...x-bows are somewhere around croutons or no croutons on the salad.

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
73,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 ·
Public land. 56 yds, standing up freehand. Almost too low! Killer Instinct Swat X1, Sevr 1.5 broadheads. Scores 76" even gross. Just got home and got the meat cleaned up and iced.
That's a beautiful billy, congrats!! Hopefully I will be adding a couple of those to my freezer next week with shooting irons. :D

Reactions: manitou1
121 - 140 of 144 Posts