Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
81 - 100 of 144 Posts

·
Under appreciated
92,619 Posts
No, as I cannot be the winner. I picked the judges, the cigars are coming out of MY humidor, not yours, not bluecans, not anyone else.

Like I said, if you do not like the result, go back to rule 3. It will be a fair competition, because I say it will be fair.

thanks for your consideration. :D
I didnt say anything about you picking yourself the winner. You said "we will judge" which led me to believe you are on the almighty judging panel.
I'd be really mad if I got skipped over on a good quality cigar due to political malfeasance in the judging contest. :D
Who will be the alternate proxy judges in the event one of the other pre-selected judges is not able to perform their duties?

·
Under appreciated
92,619 Posts
I'd say that one's 90 to 180 degrees wrong, for facing the Sun instead using it to light up the subject. (Though at 180 degrees, you'd have to be careful about casting a shadow into the pic).
Wouldnt that be on the person taking the picture? :D

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
73,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
I didnt say anything about you picking yourself the winner. You said "we will judge" which led me to believe you are on the almighty judging panel.
I'd be really mad if I got skipped over on a good quality cigar due to political malfeasance in the judging contest. :D
Who will be the alternate proxy judges in the event one of the other pre-selected judges is not able to perform their duties?
If you had read all the relevant information, you would have seen that 20' and Letemgrow are judges. It's a 3 panel non-partisan panel of judges.

Reactions: 20'

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
73,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
I'd say that one's 90 to 180 degrees wrong, for facing the Sun instead using it to light up the subject. (Though at 180 degrees, you'd have to be careful about casting a shadow into the pic).
Rat didn't want to move anymore than he had too, he was completely winded by this point in the day. :D

Reactions: 67Firebird

·
Under appreciated
92,619 Posts
Rat didn't want to move anymore than he had too, he was completely winded by this point in the day. :D
If I wasnt by then, I sure was walking up that hill to the truck. When we made our way to that buck, I wondered how far from the truck we were. Chris said its just right up that hill. I said "THAT EFFING HILL????? lol

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
73,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Gotta be a group effort. Subjects get set up properly, then camera dude positions himself properly to take the pic.
Ok, well surely you can't have any issues with this shot, it's maybe one of my best ever.
Dog breed Carnivore Dog Fawn Terrestrial animal

Reactions: 67Firebird

·
Under appreciated
92,619 Posts
Ok, well surely you can't have any issues with this shot, it's maybe one of my best ever. View attachment 233690
What people might be surprised to know about that picture is that the coyotes heart was exposed and still beating after that shot when we got to it. :D

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
73,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
What people might be surprised to know about that picture is that the coyotes heart was exposed and still beating after that shot when we got to it. :D
280 Rem accubond tore his arse up......

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
73,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Looks like a nice one to me. Nothing wrong with does. As my grandfather would say, you can't eat the antlers.
My dogs would disagree with the last part. 🐶

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
73,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
BTW, and in all sedriousness Kurt, when it came time to get the "true" hero pic of this kill, I did take my time and tried to get it right. :D Still one of the best days of deer hunting I've ever experienced.
Cloud Sky Hunting Plant Dog

Hunting Deer hunting Trophy hunting Sky Plant

·
Under appreciated
92,619 Posts
The only thing I regret about that picture is the hat was shading my eyes. Otherwise what an amazing experience how that hunt went down.

I let time slip away without getting in shape for that hunt. If anyone is contemplating a western hunt like this, do yourself a favor and get in shape.

@callaojoe as Wyatt Earp said to his buddy on his deathbead, "Thanks for always being there doc" lol

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
73,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
That Bittercreek WMA is one of the best places I've been for spot and stalk muleys..... I hear there is an outfitter that has all but leased up the ground that surrounds the place, and it's all but impossible to hunt without booking them for a hunt. That's a shame, as it was one of the cooler places to hunt, not vehichles allowed though, so be prepared to lay some boot leather down.... :D

81 - 100 of 144 Posts