Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
73,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Exactly like the title says. Post up your best Crossbow kills of the year here.

At end of the archery season, Expert panel of Judges will judge the best crossbow kill of the year, and the winner will be awarded a 5 Cigar pack of Callaojoe's favorite smokes. It will be a selection of CAO, Alec Bradley, Rocky Patel, etc.... These are all quality smokes, something you can enjoy while admiring your fine archery kill.

Quality Picture will help your odds of winning.

For advice on how to take good harvest pics, please see this thread.

Let's see those Archery kills ladies and gentlemen!!

RULES

1. Only Archery Deer can be entered.
2. Crossbow must be in the Photo.
3. Judges have final say in any dissent, beetching, whining, or otherwise just being a jerk about the results.

Examples of acceptable photo's.

Plant Organism Natural material Wood Grass
Plant Grass Fawn Groundcover Terrestrial animal

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
73,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW, if they are interested in being a Judge, so we know the result is fair, I would like to solicit the quality deer judging capabilities of @20' & @letemgrow to be associate judges in making the final determination of the winner. :D

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
73,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
An outstanding idea ! Thank you for being inclusive! Hopefully this gets more archers out in the field 👍🏻
Grow the sport bro! And, this MWT competition actually does have some excellent prizes.....

Just a little peak at CJ's private stash.... ;-)
Brown Wood Rectangle Font Drink

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
73,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What do you consider a trophy? Do flatheads count? (asking for a friend) 😉
Well, if by flatheads you mean doe, slickies, donkeynose, sure they can be a trophy. As stated earlier, quality photo's will play a part as well, and that covers all ends of that spectrum. :D This is why I am enlisting 2 other judges so that we can have a consensus pick. But, the results are final, and non negotiable. If you are concerned over the results, I hear @trapperBR549 is an excellent life coach. :D

But, this is an Archery Deer competition, so flathead catfish cannot be entered. :D

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
73,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Added some rules, and some examples to OP.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Well, if by flatheads you mean doe, slickies, donkeynose, sure they can be a trophy. As stated earlier, quality photo's will play a part as well, and that covers all ends of that spectrum. :D This is why I am enlisting 2 other judges so that we can have a consensus pick. But, the results are final, and non negotiable. If you are concerned over the results, I hear @trapperBR549 is an excellent life coach. :D

But, this is an Archery Deer competition, so flathead catfish cannot be entered. :D
Thanks for the clarification, it is important to know where a guy err friend stands in this here competition! 🦌

·
Registered
9,485 Posts
You are like the Dallas Cowboys and LSU Tigers, already eliminated from any sort of championship contention. :D
That’s ok my Tigers have won so many titles it’s always nice to let somebody else get a chance

·
Registered
31,907 Posts
That’s ok my Tigers have won so many titles it’s always nice to let somebody else get a chance
I don't follow your Tigers or anybody elses for that matter. The only Tigers I ever cared about were the ones Colonel Corbett wrote about.
Having said that, this really sounds like a losers statement.

·
Registered
9,485 Posts
I don't follow your Tigers or anybody elses for that matter. The only Tigers I ever cared about were the ones Colonel Corbett wrote about.
Having said that, this really sounds like a losers statement.
You are from Missouri so you probably are an expert on what it takes to be a loser in college athletics for sure

·
Registered
31,907 Posts
You are from Missouri so you probably are an expert on what it takes to be a loser in college athletics for sure
I don't follow college athletics. That makes me the winner!

1 - 20 of 144 Posts