Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
4,337 Posts
One fell this morning to an old handicap feller for a minute I thought I had one too many decoys out all I put out was a single feeding hen, he came out and gobbles and strutted for her a couple times and then looked like he was going to bug out but he ran the wrong direction, towards me instead of away then while waiting for a friend to come load him for me I had to defend the bird against a couple of thieves one of them did not make it
Plant Bird Natural material Organism Wild turkey
Plant Natural landscape Twig Tree Wood

· Registered
35 Posts
Camouflage Sky Military camouflage Plant Cargo pants

22 lbs 9 in beard 1in spurs 12:46 pm
This bird was coming to our decoys and started to fan out 3 times as he came in cautiously. He never fully did. He whipped a U turn at almost 50 or so yds out and started a quick waddle trot away. He stopped, looked back, and fell victim to a tungsten migraine. Face planted and never gained another foot forward on his escape. This not a tall tale, an exaggeration, or a blatant lie. The witnessed and verified truth is, that measured with rangefinder 7 or so times and stepped off, he was taken at "88 yds" with my Versa Max Sportsman Turkey, an Indian Creek Black Diamond choke tube, and a 12ga 3 in Browning TSS #7s/9s mix. The pic is where I dropped him and if you zoom in up hill behind me, you can see my blind (and the decoys 20 yds in front of it) sitting below a ladder box stand just 10 yds inside the pasture behind my uncle's log home. I had put 16 rounds of various loads @35 yds and 4 rounds @50 down range at Henges last Wednesday. I earned an ugly bruised shoulder and learned that my set up was solid for 50 if it had to be. View attachment 131765

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.