2018 Shed report!!!!

Discussion in 'Shed Hunting' started by t-tomshooter, Jan 15, 2018.

1. t-tomshooter

t-tomshooter Senior Member

Apr 17, 2010
    deer county
    well i have plenty of sheds to find this year since i didnt kill any bucks haha, im already hearing of lots of deer being spotted with half racks or even both dropped so i may kick it into gear a little earlier than usual but ready to throw out the cameras and do a little inventory first! what all are you guys seeing and hearing or what are your plans to find the white gold:popcorn:

birdhunter33 and 20' like this.
  2. fishshooter

fishshooter Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    Found the first one nearly a month ago already I will be out some this weekend but any sheds found will be incidental since I am going to exercise the beagle now that bow season is over.

20', t-tomshooter and BrewMo like this.

3. t-tomshooter

Apr 17, 2010
    deer county
    checked my first cam today and it had lots of does and several young bucks but one big 8pt was still packing so i need to get some corn in there asap haha.

4. fishshooter

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    Seen a unicorn on the way in this morning, be a hard one to find, was just a spike.

5. beardsNspurs78

beardsNspurs78 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2008
    Philly, MO
    Been hearing of a few shed bucks around here too. As of last weekend I saw 6 bucks on my place and all still had both sides. I'll start looking harder here in about a month

6. fishshooter

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    Think when I go this weekend I'll take a .22 that way I can eliminate some of the competition while I'm out there. I hate finding a relatively fresh shed and seeing a tine gnawed off.

birdhunter33, 20' and EZRA like this.
  7. Dmbecke

Dmbecke Active Member

Dec 8, 2012
    Saw a "One-sider" last night

8. Cedar Thicket

Cedar Thicket Blonde Bearded Guy

Sounds like a plan.

Man I miss my moms old squirrel recipe.

t-tomshooter, 20' and DCSarchette like this.
  9. t-tomshooter

Apr 17, 2010
    deer county
    yeah the tree rats and rabbits and mice eat alot of bone, i have only found a handfull of oldies or hard whites or chalkies like they call out west, mainly in crp or hayfields where they cant get to them, but out west is so cool where sometimes they will find several years of match sets off a muley or elk in one area.

10. NonTypicalHog

NonTypicalHog New Member

Jan 31, 2015
    I had seven bucks parade past me on Sunday. Only one was missing both. The other six still had both sides.

t-tomshooter likes this.
  11. CRE10

CRE10 No to Drugs Yes to Hugs

Nov 18, 2013
    In a barn
    pulled three cameras yesterday and all were still packing besides one missing one side.

t-tomshooter likes this.
  12. DPx2

DPx2 Psalm 31:6

Jul 5, 2009
    And that's why I'm sitting on my hands, waiting for them to drop.
    But it ain't easy.....
    Keep us updated...

13. deep woods goat hunter

deep woods goat hunter Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Moberly, MO
    few pics from card pull today on lunch...
    Ill be waiting another month or so.... gaining daylight after work every day that I wait. IMG_0423.JPG IMG_0391.JPG IMG_0149.JPG IMG_0072.JPG IMG_0058.JPG

CRE10 likes this.
  14. DoubleLiver

DoubleLiver Gentry County, NE KS

Aug 20, 2015
    Dakota County, MN
    Sheds don't get really active and start moving around until March 15th.

15. t-tomshooter

Apr 17, 2010
    deer county
    im with most of you guys i have some that have shed one side or so but most still hanging on, really getting antsy hahahah

16. EZRA

EZRA Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2016
    20180203_133518.jpg maybe a few years old but I was happy to break the ice and get the eye adjusted. Seen several deer still packing and mainly went in to hang a cam.

17. Bootheel Boy

Bootheel Boy Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    SEMO
    Found an old one this afternoon. Cameras show most are still carrying their headgear. Gonna give it a couple weeks and try again.

t-tomshooter likes this.
  18. deep woods goat hunter

deep woods goat hunter Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Moberly, MO
    I found another BIG fresh rub, also found a MEGA shed that was chewed real bad. Would have loved to have know that deer. I’ll post pics later of the shed
    IMG_3812.jpg

t-tomshooter and birdhunter33 like this.
  19. t-tomshooter

Apr 17, 2010
    deer county
    i really want to see the mega shed!!!!! went and scouted a corn field on the utv with a buddy on his farm and jumped a big big 10pt still packing up in saline county, hope we miss the snow so the weekend is good to look.

20. t-tomshooter

Apr 17, 2010
    deer county
    dwgh its time to see the mega shed haha, i took a drive this evening instead of walking since i battled the flu for a few days and have low energy and seen alot of deer out feeding mainly in the beans and wheat fields but there was a group of 5 bucks in a hay field close to the road all packing headgear still, so its still hit or miss but after the snow melts next week its game time!!!!!

birdhunter33 likes this.