2017 MWT Goals and Objectives

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by Maddux, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Hawk

Hawk Well-Known Member Sponsor

Oct 15, 2009
    I remember him being ok to newbies wanting advice, but he wouldnt pee in the mouth of a newbie with flaming teeth if they tried to internet scout....

2. CuivreDog2

CuivreDog2 Addicted Habitat Junkie

Mar 27, 2010
    Lincoln County, MO
    Agreed 100% - on the keyboard he came across as a real dh (duck hunter).

I figured the first time I met him in person we would be rolling on the ground within 10 minutes of our meeting.

When you actually met him that sharp stinging wit he displayed on the cafe' was just a keyboard persona when in reality he was a great guy and funny as hell once you got to know him.

I would have hated to whip a school teacher's tail anyway! :D

3. gurgalunas

gurgalunas Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2013
    Platte City
    That was my AC diagnosis, but early stages of osteoarthritis, I think. Solution was the same, trim the bone and spurs to eliminate the wear. I'll get to ask more about what they really found on the 25th. They even took pics they will show me...

I was offered the shots, but wanted it fixed now instead of postponing.

4. WBF

WBF Wolf Brook Farms

Oct 25, 2013
    Unfortunately the steroid shots are just kicking the can down the road and ultimately mask the initial cause of the problem. They buy you time and with aggressive rehab/PT can help prolong the inevitable. But unfortunately that will ultimately include opioids. If possible get it fixed and get back to the quality of life that you are accustomed to.

5. gurgalunas

gurgalunas Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2013
    Platte City
    All done. They did the whole thing at once.

6. Gamegetter

Gamegetter Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2004
    I thought griff was a LEO, or maybe former LEO? :confused:

Anyway, I heard it from enough people to trust that in person he would be cool to talk to in person, but on the keyboard he was a needle point lightly jabbing into the end of your finger. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, and my goal is to help my MWT brothers recover from their surgeries by helping them get off the opioids quicker even if that means liquor. ;)

7. CuivreDog2

CuivreDog2 Addicted Habitat Junkie

Mar 27, 2010
    Lincoln County, MO
    He is LEO but frequently posed as a school teacher as part of his persona to the point that some folks actually believed it hence the smiley face.

8. You do know that 79 is closed south of louisiana.:wave:

9. Griff is a good dude he is loe.In person he is a hoot, he and soupy come out to see me every once and a while and have a beer or two hundered.

10. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    I was never on the cafe, but had a friend point some threads out to me. I thought the griffin dude was a gerbil with internet access. :D

11. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

12. Muleskinner

Muleskinner Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2006
    Osage County
    Good luck on the surgery. Two guys that work for me had about the same thing done . One was out 3 months the other out 6 months. 50 year olds.

13. MOAdmin

MOAdmin Administrator

Dec 14, 2015
    Google brings new people in. New people don't want to join is they see crass and abrasive posts. My goal for 2017 is to grow the community so we have more voices.

14. Meller

Meller Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Fixed that for ya

15. MOAdmin

MOAdmin Administrator

Dec 14, 2015
    DO you enjoy your free access to MWT? If you would like to keep it that way we depend on the revenue brought in by the ads to do so.

Do you work for free? Do you provide services for free? I highly doubt it so unless you do you're just being a hypocrite.

16. Meller

Meller Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2008
    I'm just saying don't act like you are preserving MWT for the sake of the community, or the individual members "voices". We all know it's only about the bottom line....But I'm the hypocrite.

17. combatmedic

combatmedic Senior Member

Nov 20, 2009
    Boone County
  18. BustinBucks

BustinBucks Shotgun Instructor

Jul 31, 2006
    Eagleville, MO

Ha!

19. jehrbo

jehrbo Full Fledged Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Oh Fallon
    Silly season: the season between most major hunting/ fishing seasons where this place turns into a S***-Show
    Happens every year, set your watch to it. Seems to have gotten worse though.

2017 goals are to hunt with my son, maybe arrow a doe, and pop in once in a while to enjoy some of the banter.

The S**** could stand for silly:D

20. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

Yes. s**** could stand for silly,,, but s*** could only stand for sand. :D