2014 catdaddy trout forecast

Discussion in 'Trout & Fly Fishing' started by catdaddy, Jan 4, 2014.

1. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    Slip them smallies into a duffel bag, so Mr. Green Jeans can't find them, and slide them on over my way. I'll fry em up with some taters and cornbread, and we'll eat em up and wash them down with a bottle of 18 year old scotch.:wave:

Smallies = Good Eats.:D

2. catdaddy

catdaddy blu bogart

Dec 30, 2007
    t'aint say'n
    will do,got's good spot at bottom of hill:D....be careful,calling mr.green gene's,"Mr.Green Jeans"can get yo banded here,but luckily moderaters trust catdaddy and know his threads are informational,respectful and they never frequent.:hysterical:

3. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    I was going under the assumption, you would not keep more than your limit of smallies.:wave:

Just keep the big ones.:eek::

4. RB.

RB. Senior Member

May 16, 2003
    warren county
    Trout are some good eating fish especially in the winter. After they have been in the water a while the hatchery food taste is worked out of them. try taking some raw fillets, grind in a food processor and make balls or patties out of them like you would with salmon. a little bread crumbs, eggs, salt, pepper, finely chopped scallions. mix all that together, coat in bread crumbs and fry in olive oil. awesome.

5. catdaddy

catdaddy blu bogart

Dec 30, 2007
    t'aint say'n

:rof2::rof2::rof2:
    ...swear I just ate that 5 minutes ago,yo sir are psychic.....to bad it was canned salmon.I'll try this thanks.:cheers:

6. leasburg

leasburg Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2007
    South County MO
    Is trout your pet name for ked or rack?

7. catdaddy

catdaddy blu bogart

Dec 30, 2007
    t'aint say'n

alright yo can come....we'll cross river and look yo old hunting grounds over.

8. catdaddy

catdaddy blu bogart

Dec 30, 2007
    t'aint say'n

alright already,you can have my kids old hip boots....tell'n ya their gonna come up to your neck!

9. RB.

RB. Senior Member

May 16, 2003
    warren county
    They are really good. The wife also makes them with fresh shrimp. Got to get the consistency right to stay together but egg and bread crumbs do that. Add some horseradish for some zing.

10. catdaddy

catdaddy blu bogart

Dec 30, 2007
    t'aint say'n

sounds good and bet works in george foreman grill....streamside.:trophy::rof2:

11. RB.

RB. Senior Member

May 16, 2003
    warren county
    Forgot to add, after mixing let chill to set up before forming.

12. seth_turner_04

seth_turner_04 Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2005
    Owensville, MO
    Grass carp, asian carp, buffalo and suckers over 2 pounds all have clean white flesh but tons of bones. Pressure cooking the fillets get's rid of the bone issue and makes some really good fish patties as well.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  13. seth_turner_04

seth_turner_04 Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2005
    Owensville, MO
    :rof2: You mean ol putty tat!

14. RB.

RB. Senior Member

May 16, 2003
    warren county
    Seth, we used to make sucker patties out of canned, in a jar suckers. One guys wife used to pickle them, just like herring. Very good.

15. catdaddy

catdaddy blu bogart

Dec 30, 2007
    t'aint say'n
    ****SPECIAL CATDADDY INSIDER****
    ....i know's some have cabin fever.Dont want to drive to arky or trout park...nor buy an extra trout tag/license this early in season.
    i know's secret trout lake...open to public....no license/trout tag required.
    Now i know's whatcha think'n....catdaddy wants to be shunned and pound'd....but catdaddy speak'th the truth....square biz...at least that's rules on this "secret" lake last few years.
    CATDADDY KNOWS trout fish'n!:rules: P.M. me for special insider info,much to secret fo open forum.No game hog's or elitist need apply....and kedro....look'n forward to yo non-believe'n snooty P.M.:rof2::rof2::rof2:

16. knockemdeadd

knockemdeadd Active Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
    The water is too hard...unless yo runnin the chainsaw :hysterical:

Dang...almost forgetted.....:wave:

17. catdaddy

catdaddy blu bogart

Dec 30, 2007
    t'aint say'n
    ...due to high demand of catdaddy guide service invite to white,we no longer will be handing out line tickets.....kedro's last in line....and t'aint a chance in .....we'll yo know...we'll ever get back that far!I want to thank everybody for kind letters/gifts sent and good luck next year.:cheers:

18. knockemdeadd

knockemdeadd Active Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
    yo have apparently been to the LB and 20' school of grammar and spellchecker :confused:

:wave:

19. catdaddy

catdaddy blu bogart

Dec 30, 2007
    t'aint say'n
    LOOK....the answer to yo P.M. ask'n,"catdaddy,where yo catch all those BIG trout?".....is in the mouth!:rules: