Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
30781 - 30800 of 30830 Posts

·
Biology nit wit exposer
81,122 Posts
Morning catdaddy. I am going on a low carb diet. Will substitute ham for bread , tomatoe and lettuce on my BLTs. Adding extra bacon .

Morning fellow sportsmen. Let's all encourage fishy to take venatics advice ,, for a change.

Fishy. See above.

Reactions: thwackaddict

·
King of Callaway
42,622 Posts
Good Morning Cat Pops fellow sportsmen in good standing

Wooo Hooo last day before vacation think I'll go and try and catch one of these elusive trout!

Henry don't try it you are bad enough at enough all ready no need for you to fail at more.

·
Slayer of $$$ Birds
7,452 Posts
Morning catdaddy. I am going on a low carb diet. Will substitute ham for bread , tomatoe and lettuce on my BLTs. Adding extra bacon .

Morning fellow sportsmen. Let's all encourage fishy to take venatics advice ,, for a change.

Fishy. See above.
I've been on this damn Keto thing for a month and a half now. The hardest thing to give up is beer and bread. 20lbs down, and still wondering if it is worth it.

Reactions: catdaddy

·
King of Callaway
42,622 Posts
I've been on this damn Keto thing for a month and a half now. The hardest thing to give up is beer and bread. 20lbs down, and still wondering if it is worth it.
I'll think of you as I crack my first vacation blu this afternoon :cool:

And my second

and my third

probably won't remember to think of yo's by the forth

·
Biology nit wit exposer
81,122 Posts
I am afraid I won't be able to kegel.

I have to have captain crunch for supper at least once a week.

Have you considered the meth diet ? I have never seen a fat tweaker.

·
blu bogart
22,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30,786 ·
....dont fo'get no potato or pasta...yikes.
yea i didnt have much luck wit keto.
....dont kno if it was because it was forced on me......i jus retaliated by eat'n bigger portions.
Nice work on lose'n 20....i think i lost 4. 🍟 🍔🍻:LOL:

·
Slayer of $$$ Birds
7,452 Posts
....dont fo'get no potato or pasta...yikes.
yea i didnt have much luck wit keto.
....dont kno if it was because it was forced on me......i jus retaliated by eat'n bigger portions.
Nice work on lose'n 20....i think i lost 4. 🍟 🍔🍻:LOL:
It was pretty much forced on me as well. The Mom, grandma, and wife are all trying to lose weight for the sisters wedding next month. I either had to get with the program or cook my own food.

·
Under appreciated
88,056 Posts
Keto isnt something that you lose weight right away, like for a wedding in a few weeks. Yes, you can lose weight right away but that is more likely to be from exercise or portion control than anythying, at least initially.

Keto forces your body into a metabolic state that burns fat and produces ketones (instead of sugars, which is why carbos are forbidden fruit in a keto diet (carbohydrate-glucose-glycolysis). My understanding is that this takes a while to happen, like several weeks of strict adherence to a low carbo diet.

I couldnt hack it. The mental anguish of avoiding carbohydrates was just exhausting. At first the eating fat thing sounded great, until you started to realize how many carbs you were actually eating. If its working for you, congrats!

I’m just not sure there is much of an alternative to portion control and regular exercise if you want to lose weight. Everyone is always looking for a pill or a shortcut and lord do I wish there was one.

·
Slayer of $$$ Birds
7,452 Posts
Keto isnt something that you lose weight right away, like for a wedding in a few weeks. Yes, you can lose weight right away but that is more likely to be from exercise or portion control than anythying, at least initially.

Keto forces your body into a metabolic state that burns fat and produces ketones (instead of sugars, which is why carbos are forbidden fruit in a keto diet (carbohydrate-glucose-glycolysis). My understanding is that this takes a while to happen, like several weeks of strict adherence to a low carbo diet.

I couldnt hack it. The mental anguish of avoiding carbohydrates was just exhausting. At first the eating fat thing sounded great, until you started to realize how many carbs you were actually eating. If its working for you, congrats!

I’m just not sure there is much of an alternative to portion control and regular exercise if you want to lose weight. Everyone is always looking for a pill or a shortcut and lord do I wish there was one.
The other three have been on it for over 2 months now. I was late to the party per usual, but I've caught up to them. It's definitely a several month process.

·
Under appreciated
88,056 Posts
I’ve only met you a couple times at most but never thought you looked like you needed to lose weight.

Course I am fat So maybe nobody else looks like they need to lose according to me. :D

Reactions: fishshooter

·
blu bogart
22,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30,792 ·
...i think if scodly would get"the procedure",get on the keto,buy him a toupee .....he could take nice pic of his self on his boat instead of his sunburn'd,corny,feets.
....any one of those go long way toward musketeer world and less time in da pits....especially the feets.:cool:

·
Registered
32,178 Posts
Keto is hard to start. Once you body gets passed the moodiness and sluggishness from not having the carbs it gets better. Its about a 2 week period. I'm not on keto person, but am cutting carbs, walking 3+ mile per morning with a 20 lb vest and lifting.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Missouri Hunting mobile app

Reactions: rat

·
Slayer of $$$ Birds
7,452 Posts
I'm only allowed to weigh up to 211lbs for work, and I was at about 215. I could lose the 4 or 5lbs in 7-10 days for weigh-in no big deal, but i feel a whole lot better after this. I got 5-6 more pounds to drop, and then I'll cheat a little bit.I'd like to be in the 185-190 range.

Reactions: rat

·
Under appreciated
88,056 Posts
If something is hard, its not worth doing.

Reactions: catdaddy

·
blu bogart
22,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30,797 ·
I'm only allowed to weigh up to 211lbs for work, and I was at about 215. I could lose the 4 or 5lbs in 7-10 days for weigh-in no big deal, but i feel a whole lot better after this. I got 5-6 more pounds to drop, and then I'll cheat a little bit.I'd like to be in the 185-190 range.
ok,i thought yo doing good wit keto....but if yo insist....ill put yo down fo "the procedure" too.o_O

·
4,670 Posts
I dropped 60lbs on it. Wife forced it on me. Glad she did. Pretty dang good shape for no excercise or dieting. I always was a meat eater. Bread was tough spaghetti tough.

Applebee’s….. big steak… green beans…
Broccoli loaded(sour cream cheese bacon)
Fat is your friend!

·
4,670 Posts
Dessert…. Big bowl of sour cream…. 5 packets of Pyure(stevia). Maybe a little vanilla flavor. Add in frozen blueberries or strawberries.

30781 - 30800 of 30830 Posts