Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
2721 - 2740 of 33079 Posts

·
Registered
13,019 Posts
......about time somebody honored catdaddy!:eek::
3 points off yo bid fo respected outdoorsmen of the year.....use of *********** EGGS woulda got 9 outta 9 kiddo's that woulda caught trout!:boohoo:
That would have earned yo 1 point and another helpful tip on jigs.
Nice work on teach'n/help'n the yutes......now yo see what I deal wit here on daily basis.:D
The few that didn't catch fish wanted to try and do it on their own. My guess is they were using too heavy of line. There were multiple kids that caught fish AFTER we tied them on a leader.

·
blu bogart
22,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,727 ·
The few that didn't catch fish wanted to try and do it on their own. My guess is they were using too heavy of line. There were multiple kids that caught fish AFTER we tied them on a leader.
yep,light line is important to consistently catching trout.
You hear peeps say they use 10-12 lbs test and it will work on occasion....with live bait,high dingy water,fast moving lures.Locals down on white use 6-8 lbs test with good results.....and ive did it myself.
I cut my teeth on trout fishing at trout parks,mainly mac springs.Waters typically low,clear.
So like deer hunting,i started eliminating mistakes like squeaky stands,walking thru middle of field to get to stand,scent control,slamming doors.....and with trout fishing you need to adjust weight,fly size and color,check knots,and try to make your line light and invisible.
In the Ozarks I like 2-4lbs green maxima,i want my line to be invisible,float naturally with current,and cast as far as I can control it.
My youngest just got finished taking a full spool of line off his reel because it was clear mono.....not green......because last time his brother and I went fishing wit him.....we caught mo.:D
He also fix's his squeaky stands befo bein told now.:D

·
blu bogart
22,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,728 ·
....need be careful befo take'n this advise tho.....comes wit....line breaks easier,some knots don't work well with light line,must have reel with good drag,wind knots,and yo may need dolla general glass's,like catdaddy to thread yo hook.:D

·
Banned
81,616 Posts
How many stages does a catdaddy trout line have on it ?

Do you feesh with perch , crawdads or goldfish ?

·
just one of the idiots talking on MWT, right Red?
9,090 Posts

:wave:

·
9,090 Posts
the feller at 3:50 needs to borrow the stick from the fella at 2:15

:eek:

·
9,090 Posts
Free from maps & decoder rings

Cat Publication Font Wood Whiskers

Attachments

2721 - 2740 of 33079 Posts